Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Gustafson
10,548 Posts
I have a centrifuge now, so I run it through that first.

But you can, and I have, just let it sit for 2 weeks or so then siphon off the top.
Do you have to mix it with diesel fuel, or will a vehicle run on just straight oil?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Do you have to mix it with diesel fuel, or will a vehicle run on just straight oil?
Depends on the vehicle. B100 and Veg oil are not the same thing.

B100 is processed to make the glycerin drop out. I run B100 in normal, common rail, modern diesels every day.

Veg oil is way thicker, it would kill a common rail set up. But I run it in this old Mercedes engine straight without a problem, it just has to be heated when it's cold out. I don't bother heating it, I just mix it with diesel or gas to thin it.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Got a brandy new alternator at the junkyard today for 27 bucks, always a bummer to see something someone loved wrecked, but I'll still take advantage when I can lol.

Tonight I'll be fixing some sketchy wiring and adding a new, switched fuse block to the interior for future things.

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Gas Rim

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
We drove this down to Gun Lake Sunday, did beautifully, averaged 26 mpg.

Took it down a little power line trail, no problem other than having no fans to bring temps down and I have one hub that won't lock, so I'll be rebuilding those.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
I got this GPS Speedo on Ebay for like 45 bucks, it's a bit slow to start, but accurate and is quick to respond. The odometer has a memory and seems to stay on, trip meter resets every key off cycle.

The fuel gauge is for a boat, I have a small converter to change the Toyota resistance to match the gauge resistance, pretty neat for things other than the standard GM type 0-90 ohms.

I'll have to recut this dash panel, there's a lot of changes I'd like to make based on actually having it in the truck.

I also got these cool barrel filters for my veg oil, now I can filter 25 gallons in just a few minutes to 100 microns.

Steering part Motor vehicle Gauge Steering wheel Hood

Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Road surface

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Spent most of my weekend on wiring and fixing up the dash some.

Figured out how to get myself an auxiliary switched 12v panel and laid out the dash.

I don't really like the panel and I'll change it later, but it gives me something to work with and decide about now.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle

181 - 189 of 189 Posts