·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Nice! Oh god man! Shift for Petes sake! :sonicjay:

·
Get Up and Go
2,576 Posts
Now that's racing

If you ever get a chance to drive a Viper, do it. Just be careful and respectful. That car is nothing but pure power. Like strapping a rocket to your ass and lighting the fuse.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
The ZR-1 is not a dedicated track car and a lousy comparison. Period.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Now that's racing

If you ever get a chance to drive a Viper, do it. Just be careful and respectful. That car is nothing but pure power. Like strapping a rocket to your ass and lighting the fuse.
Rode in one... and unless it was my own I think I would be scared to drive someone else's without them signing a waiver :sonicjay:

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
The corvette just does nothing for me honestly. It seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry have one. The Viper is at least an eye turner and balls to the wall. I don't even notice Vettes anymore.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
look how much that shift knob waggles around... I realize it's a shiton of torque but criminy...

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
The ZR-1 is not a dedicated track car and a lousy comparison. Period.
I agree. The ZR-1 is lousy. Cheap bastards couldn't even put a retractable hardtop on it. I can go make a couple mods to a 4-year-old car, have more power, and be way more comfy for less than a ZR-1 costs.

:teehee:

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
They're still both production cars you can buy from a dealership right? Then it's fair.
No.

Fair will be when the ZR-1 track package is made available. Did you notice the article didn't compare it to the ZR-1, only the cars specifically made for the track?

Comparing the ACR to the ZR-1 is like comparing your SRT to the new CTS-V; no contest.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rode in one... and unless it was my own I think I would be scared to drive someone else's without them signing a waiver :sonicjay:
I got to drive a '99 Viper GTS, and that was like a bull kicking you in the ass. That was when they were only around 450 HP, not almost 660 HP which is what I think they're up to now.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
I agree. The ZR-1 is lousy. Cheap bastards couldn't even put a retractable hardtop on it. I can go make a couple mods to a 4-year-old car, have more power, and be way more comfy for less than a ZR-1 costs.

I think you're turning gay on us. :naughty:

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No.

Fair will be when the ZR-1 track package is made available. Did you notice the article didn't compare it to the ZR-1, only the cars specifically made for the track?

Comparing the ACR to the ZR-1 is like comparing your SRT to the new CTS-V; no contest.
Touche.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Even with 450HP first gen Vipers will punish you for being stupid moreso than second gen ones.

I personally would like to be punished for stupid mistakes, Viper > Vette.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
look how much that shift knob waggles around... I realize it's a shiton of torque but criminy...
Maybe you could have a cable shifter swapped in.

Or hit with your purse, sally.

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
Mopar or no car :woot:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts