Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GeoDude
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to get a 93 grand cherokee what would be a good way to get on 33's for under a grand. the kits i find are only 4 inch and i don't thank that would do it. and it has to be safe as a daily driver and do ok on the trails.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
no sawzall on this one yet
Then don't plan on running 33s on it because to do it right will cost you $1500 easily. Hell I'm at 4.5" running stock upper control arms and fixed length extended lowers and I still have over $1000 into my lift. To run 33s without trimming you need to be at about 6" of lift and bumpstopped correctly. To be at 6" of lift at the very least, you need all 8 adjustable control arms which are ~$800 alone....not to mention springs, trackbars, shocks, swaybar end links....etc etc.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
You should just trim. That is the best way to fit bigger tires on any Grand. I am going to run 33's @4" but I am going to do some purposefull classy trimming :)

If you trim the first lip off the front fender and do something with the front bumper you could be on 33's with a F>R lift which you can do for $600

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
ok well what 4 inch lift is good. rough country or skyjacker. or other....
Personally I wouldn't go with either of those. Some good places to find quality Jeep parts:

www.kevinsoffroad.com
www.rubiconexpress.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com

or contact [email protected]. Explain to him what you need and what you are willing to spend and see if he can help you. You can also call him 480-998-3661 but you will probably have to leave him a message.

My last piece of advice might be to contact JCR offroad. They do a lot of work with Jeeps and might be able to point you in the right direction as well. PM Monkeyevil or call them 269-353-1184

·
GeoDude
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the links. the rubiconexpress kit fit's my budget and seems like a good deal compared to the other 2. where kevins want's you to reuse the stock links but you get adjustable one's with the rubicon kit (and a trackbar bracket).. for the same price.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
If you go rubi express just keep an eye on all rubber bushings. mine started splitting within a couple of months.
I will take RE rubber bushings over their Superflex bushings any day. Usually there is more contributing to bushing wear other than just the bushing type.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I say Full Tractions lift is hands down the best for the buck, and it get's rid of the rear track-bar.

Also with icelandic Offroad cut-out-flares you can fit 33X12.5 on a ZJ with on'y 4" of lift

·
KISS MY AVATAR
5,375 Posts
I'm running a front>rear swap with 3" springs on the front....and 2" spacers....longer shocks, yj brake lines, adjustable tb. Using stock rear uppers, the rear lowers that came with the 3" lift that I bought...adjustable upper and lower in the front. running 285-75-16 with minimal rubbage on plastic only. Extended bump stops in the front.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
If you go rubi express just keep an eye on all rubber bushings. mine started splitting within a couple of months.
All 8 of the rubber busings I have on my RE arms are like new after 16 months on the Jeep.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
I'm running a front>rear swap with 3" springs on the front....and 2" spacers....longer shocks, yj brake lines, adjustable tb. Using stock rear uppers, the rear lowers that came with the 3" lift that I bought...adjustable upper and lower in the front. running 285-75-16 with minimal rubbage on plastic only. Extended bump stops in the front.
You are also running looser AT's

·
Registered
185 Posts
Im just saying after 6 months my re bushing strated cracking. called them up and before i got done telling him what i had he knew why i was calling and sent me new bushings without a problem. my point was just watch them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts