skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
always looking for more!!!!

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
this was part 1. 160 feet, raised 26" off grade, 6 feet wide and strong enough to hold about 3000 lbs of tractor.

The base is a ladder structure of railroad ties, about 500 linear feet in total. Surface structure is 4x4 based with angle iron supported cross braces. They are old concrete forms and weigh about 600 lbs a piece. All this was laid out by hand, cant get any heavy machines anywhere near here.

No pics of the walking boardwalk yet. That is about 1/3 mile past this portion, so phase 1 had to be strong enough for the tractor and materials to build phase 2

Attachments

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
btt, before I end up going and buying a lot.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm pulling apart the flooring on our deck, but probably not until a little later this year. Boards are well over 4' each, and only about a year old. Wife wants composite on, so....

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
@shawn wanted some. I don't know how much he wants,but i have quite a bit here i could get rid of.
I'm pulling apart the flooring on our deck, but probably not until a little later this year. Boards are well over 4' each, and only about a year old. Wife wants composite on, so....
let me know, I can come help demo and take materials.

Thanks to old man @whiterhino phase 2 is already rolling pretty fast. Ran out of some other materials that are on order, then I can get back to work.

Finally sold out and spent $500 at menards on this project though :(

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
buy a small mill for your chainsaw and mill the boards yourself. Guys build boardwalks like you want for mountain bike trails this way and they last for 20+ years. Plus rough cut boards would look badass. (or at least I think they do)

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
@shawn and @Bones. I still have a large pile here you guys are welcome to come get if you still need it.
sure do. Do you have a picture of what it is? dimensional lumber, decking? both?

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,938 Posts
YES YES YES sorry man things just got so busy, I do need some, hopefully I can swing by in the next week

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
YES YES YES sorry man things just got so busy, I do need some, hopefully I can swing by in the next week
We (I) can get it all to my place and you can pick it up from there if you want. Might be easier for you than Fenton?

·
Red Dragons!
1,964 Posts
I can take a pic. The deck is 580 sf. I used a little for a deer stand. There is some dimensional lumber as well. The decking is 5/4.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
41 - 60 of 60 Posts