Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

81 - 100 of 490 Posts

·
Old School
33,015 Posts
Holy crap, that's not a house its a biohazard!

I found the 15 acres with house and polebarn for 92K. It sold in 5 days.

My max budget is 100k. Too close to retirement to take on more debt than that.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
With the riding arena and stables he has close to an acre of barns on that property :rock:

now he just needs to work on the house a little :teehee:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
went out back last night to dump this

and found that one of the dam coyotes got one of my bunnies :(

as soon as we get a better break in the weather I plan on having a talk with them dam dogs :woot:

RBB:thumb:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So not the most exciting stuff but necessary steps to get the project done :woot:

putt some of this

over the this

then install this

then remove this

to install these

then put this back

then lay on your belly for a while putting these in :woot:

and then just like that there is 6 more receptacles :rock:

little by little we are getting there :thumb:

this already looks a hell of a lot better then

RLB
:beerbang::beer:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
So Monday night as I pulled in to my parking spot I noticed about a 6" geyser of water squirting up out of the grass in my side yard :( right next to the sanitary clean out :finger: so I went down stairs to the sump pump only to find the little thing working its ass off :(

So after a call to a grain guy and 120 bucks yesterday when I pulled in to my parking spot I found this in my side yard :woot:

soon it will be tree removal time :thumb:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Yesterday was a sad and exciting day all rapped into one as we went out back and cut down three beautiful Hickory trees, every time I see those stumps I will remember yesterday.:( These trees are on there way to a mill then over to a kiln for drying and then milled again before coming back home to become the floor for our new kitchen :woot:

We are one step closer to :thumb:

RBB

·
Hang all the thieves
1,669 Posts
lol, That's pretty old school there. Taking lumber from the site to use for the construction. You just don't see that anymore.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I worked a deal with my Mill Guy and I payed him with Board feet of logs :woot: my floor will be almost free :beerbang:

RBB:beer:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I have a ton of black walnut out there that might become my living room floor, we will see how the kitchen and dining rooms go first.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
I have a ton of black walnut out there that might become my living room floor, we will see how the kitchen and dining rooms go first.
I want that deal too. I have a lot of good standing timber to trade out for time on a saw.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
I want that deal too. I have a lot of good standing timber to trade out for time on a saw.
From where you are at look for some Amish in Northern Ohio :thumb: we have some in the thumb and they are great to trade with :woot:

My buddy got them to build a barn in exchange for a war out draft horse and two calfs.

RLB

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

After pulling around 900 feet of Romex on Saturday I took the kids out back to play in the woods on Sunday to spend some good quality time reclaiming trails :thumb:

We now have a clean trail all the way to the back :woot:

RBB:beerbang:

·
A little slow
1,366 Posts
I'm working on a deal with my Amish neighbor who's building my pole barn. I also have a ton of black walnut, and a chainsaw mill. The plan is to mill the walnuts into beams and build a post and beam/timber frame cabin right in the middle of my 40 acres.

81 - 100 of 490 Posts