Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 447 Posts

·
Red Dragons!
1,963 Posts
What a project! We have been in our house for just over 4 years. The scope of work it needed paled in comparison to what you are doing. We are still not done. Seeing your progress makes me feel like a loser! Thanks for the inspiration to finish mine! The goal is to be done this year.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
This place was being sold buy a fighting family estate.:finger: It took us 8 :( months and 12 different revisions to the original purchase agreement :sonicjay: there is one family member :blah: that just needed to use every opportunity he could to stir the others up.:poke: The house was on the market for just a little under 3 years. At the end of the day we got it for 5,000 over what we thought we would settle for but we negotiated 100% of the mineral rights and are now receiving a bigger percentage from the Oil wells next door. :beerbang: The financing on this house and land got to the point of needing a PHD in what-the-fuck :naughty: in order to figure it out but at the end of the day my payment is less than $1000 a month and every quarter we get a leftover check from the Oil Company. :woot:

RBB

·
Old School
33,015 Posts
This place was being sold buy a fighting family estate.:finger: It took us 8 :( months and 12 different revisions to the original purchase agreement :sonicjay: there is one family member :blah: that just needed to use every opportunity he could to stir the others up.:poke: The house was on the market for just a little under 3 years. At the end of the day we got it for 5,000 over what we thought we would settle for but we negotiated 100% of the mineral rights and are now receiving a bigger percentage from the Oil wells next door. :beerbang: The financing on this house and land got to the point of needing a PHD in what-the-fuck :naughty: in order to figure it out but at the end of the day my payment is less than $1000 a month and every quarter we get a leftover check from the Oil Company. :woot:

RBB
You Suck :finger: :sonicjay:

Damn, what a deal!

·
Registered
8,721 Posts

RBB
Left over monies are always a good thing to help boost the bottom line. Come year end:woot:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'll play devils advocate here....

You can live in a truck, you can't drive a house.

Just before I bought my house I almost bought a LT ranger, a friend of a friend was looking at possibly unloading it. A small part of me wishes. The rest is glad I have a house.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
After spending a good part of my Sunday fixing bad spots in the floor :(

it was time to go out back and play for a hour or two :rock:

and then do a little more exploring I found this

right about here

I will need to get it cleaned up before next year so we can play on it also :woot:

Random Deer trail :naughty:

BIG ASS TREE

Found another tree stand :rock:

All in All it was a fun day at the Farm

RBB

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Only thing missing is 40,000 chickens.

Keep an eye out for any Bigfoot passing through!

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
Only thing missing is 40,000 chickens.

Keep an eye out for any Bigfoot passing through!
There's certainly enough property for a chicken farm.... Mmmm fresh eggs. :naughty:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
took the day off work to work on the HSE yesterday got a ton done :woot:

As u can see the windows will not work with the new bathroom floor plan :(

So out they go

time for a bigger hole :woot:

Were getting there

2x4 straightening tool :woot:

2x4 straightening tool in use :rock:

ordered the other window last night should see it in 7 to 11 days :thumb:

RBB

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
If I didn't live on a lake I would want a large chunk of land like this. Lots of things to keep you busy even into retirement years.

41 - 60 of 447 Posts