Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
521 - 540 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #538 ·
So it has been a long time coming but it was time to get back on the HSE project 2 years ago when I had the logs milled for my floors I sent up some red oak also to be trim boards in the future I have been moving these things around for way to long, time to get some of them in there forever home.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Beautiful!

Nice job Bob!

What else needs to be completed on the house? If I remember correctly, I think you said it was "done enough" for you guys to move in, but I don't recall if you said what was left to be done. Either way, great work as always!

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #540 ·
Beautiful!

Nice job Bob!

What else needs to be completed on the house? If I remember correctly, I think you said it was "done enough" for you guys to move in, but I don't recall if you said what was left to be done. Either way, great work as always!

Finish trim is a big one, the hours involved in even the smallest projects are sickening, I set up a wood shop in the basement and spend most of my day going up and down the stairs.

I have a first floor bath that I just hung drywall in, the toilet is set and we have been using a shower curtain as a door for way to long I need to get that finished up soon also.

I knocked the chimney off the roof last fall and dropped it below the surface of the insulation in the attic. I need to remove the rest of the chimney and install cold air return duck work to the new furnace and finish the rest of the duct work in the basement as my furnace just dumps hot air into the basement and we rely on gravity to do the rest. the basement is always about 85 and the first floor is set at 70 and the upstairs bedrooms are at a comfortable 65 this works but is not ideal.

I have a 4th bedroom on the first floor that needs to be gutted and re-drywalled along with installing a sliding glass door where the windows are.

I could continue to type for hours and hours but I think you get the pitcher as I have about 30 years worth of weekends of work to do around the hse.

521 - 540 of 573 Posts