Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

381 - 400 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Shit just got real :naughty: The gray carpet is on its way we ordered it on Saturday the day after the carpet is in I will be moving our bed in :woot:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Nothing to exciting recently, We have been sanding and sanding and sanding the original 100 + year old trim :( We got one coat for clear applied on Sunday :woot: after spending about 2 hours with a shop-vac cleaning dust from everything.

RBB

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
x2 on those floors. Really nice grain.

caution on the tape with fresh poly. It could pull a little poly off when you pull the tape. I had that happen on a floor once. I had the tape on for about a week. I thought it would be fine but it did pull some off.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
the only thing I hate more than caulking things is redoing shit that I thought was done :( and yet last night I got to do both :woot:

RBB

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Some light tree trimming :teehee:

:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:
Carpet is scheduled for the 26th :woot: move-in on the 27th :woot: Celebrate 2 years of owning the Farm on the 28th :beerbang:

:woot::nana::woot::nana::woot::nana::woot::nana:

RBB

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,385 Posts
So, you always had it off a little.

You said 2 weeks, you meant 2 years...…

Congrats. I am sure there is a lot more to go but at least you get to move in soon. Your transition has reminded me a lot of the one my wife and I did back in 2001. We owned our house for about a year before we got to move in....

·
Gustafson
9,040 Posts
Congrats!

Oh! And you owe us some finished pictures so we can see what everything looks like now that it's done. We've been on this journey with you too. :sonicjay:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Found these photos of the last one boy does that bring back some old memories :(

ONE YEAR LATER !!!!!!

FROM THIS

TO THIS :rock:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
So I know the images suck a little but it is what I have :(

So do you like # 1 or #2

Painting tonight :thumb:

RBB

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
:teehee::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The push is on carpet is on its way and shit needs to get done :woot:

RBB:usa:

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Grab a broom handle and put it in the end of the roller frame. Much easier to roll from the floor.

Getting close, you're almost there. good job:thumb:

·
Gustafson
9,040 Posts
Grab a broom handle and put it in the end of the roller frame. Much easier to roll from the floor.

I wondered why she was using scaffolding instead if just extending the handle, but I wasn't going to say anything. :teehee:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #400

I bought her a nice handle extension she does not like it, said it made painting harder.

I bought her a nice handle extension she does not like it, said it made painting harder. 10 foot ceiling 5 foot wife

RBB

381 - 400 of 447 Posts