Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 490 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Jesus I didn't mean it literally. Of course you can do whatever you want. I do that with what I got. I was just thinking about all the plans I could come up with, and probably not have the time or money to do it lol. Definitely keep you busy. Looks like it's coming together good RBB.
doh :teehee:

I feel your pain, I bought just over 9 acres and I'm running out of space to do things I want to do, and like you mentioned, don't have the time, money or resources to make them all happen right away. :thumb:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks like a fun winter project. Going to be doing a lot of the same here shortly, been in the process of closing on a house for 3 months now and I think the new well should be going in this week. Do you plan on this being your primary residence? Any sort of garage/pole barn on the property already?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

The land is mostly 40 year old abandoned farm :thumb: with Trails zigzagging from tree stand to tree stand there is 15 Acres of tillable land in the back the yellow lines are where the shooting range is setup with berms set up at 200, 400, and 800 yards.:beerbang: I am planning on a couple head of cattle buy this time next year. The barn fell in 30 years ago :( and a pole barn is planned for this summer :woot:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Awesome!!!

I've done this twice. First was about 3-4 years ago with the same goal; a home on some acreage. Best decision I've ever made and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Second time wasn't as much of a sell-off, but I'm officially out of offroading for the short term future (sold the race truck and currently selling everything else related to it). Next up is something else that I hope adds to the value of life to my family... a boat.

·
Old School
33,015 Posts
Damn, you really can say you are 'out on the back 40'. Jealous.

I gotta give you credit for not knocking the house down and building a McMansion. Did you find anything interesting in the rehab?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK so the stairs :naughty:

this spring a 4 car garage and breezeway will be constructed behind the house :woot: with that we chose to bring the landing up to the level of the first floor as I have a Mom with mobility issues and a lift will be installed in the garage. :thumb: this weekend I got the old door out floor built and new door in :woot:

We will be re siding sometime this summer so this will do for now :beer:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Damn, you really can say you are 'out on the back 40'. Jealous.

I gotta give you credit for not knocking the house down and building a McMansion. Did you find anything interesting in the rehab?
My little man

found a bunny rabbit in the kitchen ceiling :woot:

I found this about 6,000 feet behind the house in the woods :rock:

this was a concrete water cistern :naughty:

here is the other half

found a crooked chimney :confused:

and an alien in a light switch :beerbang:

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
stairs make so much more sense now that I can see that they were down 5-6 stairs, turn 90*......

Cool old tractor, get that sucker runnin'!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Man this is awesome. Seems like a great project for a family. Building memories for many years to come. Definitely keep this thread updated as progress continues. Here's the real question.... Miss any of the toys yet?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Man this is awesome. Seems like a great project for a family. Building memories for many years to come. Definitely keep this thread updated as progress continues. Here's the real question.... Miss any of the toys yet?
only one I will always have a soft spot for this old girl

the kids love to drive around the yard :woot:

·
Balls Deep
4,548 Posts
Very cool. I love people who save an old place like this and continue it on. You can draw up a house and have it built, but a place like this, that you rebuild, and will likely continue rebuilding for a long time with little projects here and there, are what really makes a house your home.

Congrats on the purchase. More congrats on building up your home.

·
Gustafson
9,087 Posts
RBB, you're currently out in (or near) Marine City if I remember correctly.... Wheres the new place?

21 - 40 of 490 Posts