Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

341 - 360 of 447 Posts

·
The Green Machine
4,196 Posts
I'm the same way, I'd rather hire it out, I'm short on time with 2 little kids at home. But damn, I can't afford what these people charge for work.

I enjoy watching this thread as well, it's really coming together, and looking good. I didn't do as extensive as a job at my last house, but most everything was gutted and replaced, I like doing that work (When I have the time)

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
My wife has told me this is how she justifies my tool purchases. I just dropped almost $500 on a HF toolbox, I waffled at buying it because it but the wife just said buy it. Washing machine shit the bed last week. I tore it down and fixed the problem for $0 instead of dropping that almost $500 on a new unit that wouldn't wash as good as the one I just fixed. She considers it a win.

She just got a $85 bill for an oil change and probably some other shit at the dealer. Guess who gets to change her oil when its -5 out. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.
I do what I can, and save as much as I can, but I'm sorry, I'm getting too old to do that sh*t in -5* weather. I'll pay it "that time" and continue doing it most of the time.

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,963 Posts
Oh trust me I do what ever I can myself, just know when its best to have it done by someone smarter then me.

Fixing vehicles is going to get easier for me as I have 3 boys who are in there teens and one just got his first car. They will be learning real quick

I look forward to more updates on the house, its better then watching This old House :)

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
I do what I can, and save as much as I can, but I'm sorry, I'm getting too old to do that sh*t in -5* weather. I'll pay it "that time" and continue doing it most of the time.
That's how I justified my craigslist lift in my barn. My back kept locking up laying on the concrete.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
That's how I justified my craigslist lift in my barn. My back kept locking up laying on the concrete.
It's not worth killing yourself over... Nice move with the lift! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Monday Morning update :rock:

got the 8 foot ceiling framed in the downstairs bathroom :thumb:

meanwhile the wife worked on cleaning trim :naughty:

and now it is time to prep the windows for next Friday :thumb:

RBB:usa:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Loving this new 4-10's schedule getting a ton done on the weekends :woot:

My wife is such a badass she is balancing on a ladder up there :thumb:

I also managed to get the rest of the walk-in shower framed this weekend :woot:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #354 (Edited)
:sonicjay:

All kidding aside, do you have a projected move in date?
No we don't She has a ton of painting and staining and she keeps finding things for me to do. :( the long and the short of it is we are not in a huge rush given our finances and the conveniences of having both places at this time.

It is like having a cabin with 100 acres literally 1 mile South of my house. All of the cost of all the improvements have been coming out of pocket and we are staging the expenses to prevent from needing to borrow money for this project.

RBB

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
No we don't She has a ton of painting and staining and she keeps finding things for me to do. :( the long and the short of it is we are not in a huge rush given our finances and the conveniences of having both places at this time.
:thumb: Right on!

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
After a couple weeks of shit not getting done It was time to hit it hard yesterday :rock:

Started with knocking the windows out of the master bedroom :naughty:

now that is better :rock:

then we needed to move the trailer to the other side of the hse

and knock out the other master window

3 up stairs windows done yesterday 6 to go :woot:

RBB

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,385 Posts
You are using Atrium windows I see. I may be doing some windows soon and have always used Anderson in the past.

How do the Atrium's compare?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
You are using Atrium windows I see. I may be doing some windows soon and have always used Anderson in the past.

How do the Atrium's compare?

Thanks

We have been getting them from Lumber Jack around the corner from our house they stock Anderson also but you are paying a lot for that name and advertising. My wife has a friend that works at LJ and she claims the quality is the same, we will see.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
3 more done this weekend and the end of the need for the "Deerslayer 6000" I still have 3 windows above the front porch in my daughter's room but I can stand on the roof to reach them :woot:

We are getting closer and closer :woot:

341 - 360 of 447 Posts