Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a york 210 on a v-belt chevy 350?
I have searched but cannot seem to find much info on it. I could swap the
v belts with some serpentine bracketry but just wanted to find out about the v belt first. Thank for any info.

·
Ranger Addiction?
2,064 Posts
Are you saying you have a serpentine York pulley? Wanna trade?

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying you have a serpentine York pulley? Wanna trade?

nope I have the dual V belt pully on mine. 210 found it yesterday off an amc.
I was maybe planning this winter to get the bracketry to change over to serp instead of V which would make the mounting easy. If i can somehow get it to mount with the v belts I'll do it that way. just haven't found anything online showing ideas how or where to mount it on a sbc v belt chevy.

·
Ranger Addiction?
2,064 Posts
I wrote this up a while back, never did get to do it. Nearly got killed because the damn Ford 2.3 won't get out of it's own way, let alone attached to a truck. So that'll get done once the power upgrade comes.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=4770

3/8 brake line works well. and basically for the "V's just get them to line up fairly close, Serpentines are alot more finiky than v-belts.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks jeepfreak and 99grand that is exactly what I was looking for! I have that same bracketry on my sbc. I am going to swap my cs130 alt to the cs144 I pulled yesterday too. I'll def have to do some measuring and fabbing. did you end up plugging the oil hole in the york and run an inline filter to control the oil discharge? the york I have only has 1 wire coming from the clutch assy., is that right? is it just grounded by the mounting? Thanks for all the help guys.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
thanks jeepfreak and 99grand that is exactly what I was looking for! I have that same bracketry on my sbc. I am going to swap my cs130 alt to the cs144 I pulled yesterday too. I'll def have to do some measuring and fabbing. did you end up plugging the oil hole in the york and run an inline filter to control the oil discharge? the york I have only has 1 wire coming from the clutch assy., is that right? is it just grounded by the mounting? Thanks for all the help guys.
I did not plug the oil passage, It really doesn't use that much oil. I plan on changing the location of my separator/oiler when I hard line it. Kilby has a kit that will then take the oil from the separator back to the york itself. After a long use, there isn't much oil in the oil separator though as is.

One wire is correct, it grounds through the motor.

I will try to post up the Vbelt you will need to, it took my 4-5 tries until I got the right one.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not plug the oil passage, It really doesn't use that much oil. I plan on changing the location of my separator/oiler when I hard line it. Kilby has a kit that will then take the oil from the separator back to the york itself. After a long use, there isn't much oil in the oil separator though as is.

One wire is correct, it grounds through the motor.

I will try to post up the Vbelt you will need to, it took my 4-5 tries until I got the right one.

That would be great:thumb: I appreciate the help.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course it will only work if you mount it where mine is mounted and your bracket is similar... I didn't think of that, but it will give you a starting point.
I really don't have any where else to mount it. I poked around under the hood today with the unit and that looks to be the only reasonable spot to put it. I have some room over the power steering but looks a bit laborious to fab a mount to put it there. I test fit it where you mounted yours and fits but is pretty tight to the frame and exhaust manifold and fender. I'll have to swap the bigger alternator in and test it again. really the only other option I can see is go to the serp setup and mount it like kilby shows. running out of room under the hood.:confused:

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
I really don't have any where else to mount it. I poked around under the hood today with the unit and that looks to be the only reasonable spot to put it. I have some room over the power steering but looks a bit laborious to fab a mount to put it there. I test fit it where you mounted yours and fits but is pretty tight to the frame and exhaust manifold and fender. I'll have to swap the bigger alternator in and test it again. really the only other option I can see is go to the serp setup and mount it like kilby shows. running out of room under the hood.:confused:

Adam used the spacer for the alternator, my YORK hangs right off that 2-3" spacer (welded brackets to it) and has another tab that goes to the water pump, tucks it up in there pretty nice. It is close to the manifold, but it works very well. I can engage the clutch, run the RPM's up and run air tools without difficulty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts