·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Nice work!
Thanks!

:ROFLMAO:

Man I feel like a slacker every time I see you post :ROFLMAO: Keep up the good work!
LOL! I keep busy when i get home from work. Garage with my metal art stuff selling on etsy and jeep. I try and get ONE thing done on the jeep a night. Could be a 10 min job or 4 hour job.

Welds are looking good! Try putting a little more heat into your weld pool before starting the bead.

Your welds look like there clean, but if you are ever fighting dirty aluminum, I like to do a pre, low amp pass over the weld area with no filler to clean it up first.

I have been TIG welding for like 5+ years now and I still rarely can feed rod through my fingers, dont feel bad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Great tips, thanks!! I did notice a HUGE difference when I went from Purple tungsten to Red. Seemed to weld much better and I didn't have to re sharpen every foot lol. I just need to get off my lazy ass and buy some 3/16 or 1/4 plate and throw it on my plasma table and make a nice welding table fixture table. The HF cart has worked well over the years, but it is to high at times and small. I just need more practice with TIG. I'm going to order a new torch as well that is flexible. I think that will help a lot.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
What machine do you have? Purple tungsten did not work well on steel or aluminum for me. Red worked great for me on steel, but not so much aluminum. For aluminum I use blue at home and gray at work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I have an everlast 255ext. I might have some blue... if I do I’ll weld the top patch with that and see if I notice a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
LOL! I keep busy when i get home from work. Garage with my metal art stuff selling on etsy and jeep. I try and get ONE thing done on the jeep a night. Could be a 10 min job or 4 hour job.
Totally get that. I'm not one to sit around and relax after work. Like to keep busy and work on projects or something to keep me occupied.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Totally get that. I'm not one to sit around and relax after work. Like to keep busy and work on projects or something to keep me occupied.
I need to learn to just not do anything when I get home. I use to drive 3-4K miles a month before COvID. But I still do a ton of driving covering MI/oh/in for work. But it’s hard to keep still!

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Had to get some more gas

Coving the old fuel module hole.

I didn’t have any blue electrode to try. So went with red again.

cut hole for level sensor.

Holley fuel pump pickup installed.

this Everlast 255ext has been a good machine. Water cooler is a must!

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
I need to learn to just not do anything when I get home. I use to drive 3-4K miles a month before COvID. But I still do a ton of driving covering MI/oh/in for work. But it’s hard to keep still!
Theres a time and a place for rest and relaxation. Every one needs it. But if keeping busy is what makes you happy and keep going.

·
Gustafson
9,822 Posts
Not everyday you see an Escalade towing. :LOL:

Nice work on the tank! Looks real good!

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Theres a time and a place for rest and relaxation. Every one needs it. But if keeping busy is what makes you happy and keep going.
Absolutely! Gotta have that balance.

Not everyday you see an Escalade towing. :LOL:

Nice work on the tank! Looks real good!
LOL! My company car. I definitely get some funny looks with the m1102 in tow.

Thanks! It seems to be sealed tight. Just need to mess with how I want to mount it and I can start plumbing the fuel system so I can start the engine.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Thanks! I’m extremely happy how it came out. I love vice grip garage. I have yet to watch that episode. Holley makes it so easy as they use the same 12 bolt flange so it’s a direct drop in.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Made the intake cover. Had to cut slots since it was to wide for my press break :( I’ll weld and grind it smooth later on.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Fired up the Rapsberry Pi. This is my new 14.5" wide screen that will find a home on the dash.

Basic gauges. Some people go nuts with this and come up with some really cool designs. This is the default gauge set. Super easy to change by just right clicking on them.

I'll have to make a housing to place all the circuit boards in and ensure they stay dry. I also thought this was a touch screen, but it is not.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Thanks guys! I need to print an enclosure and figure out how to package it all together and keep it free of water/mud/crap.

Received my re-drilled links for the steering today. They are correct this time

Mounted up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Quick question. Are you suppose to drill your high steer arm out so that sleeve fits through then gets welded in there? I thought ya just drilled it the size of your bolt, at least that’s how I did mine (which was first gyro set up for me so I’m probably wrong) I’m getting ready to 4 link my front and redoing my steering so if you are right then I wanna correct my mistake. Thanks. Great work man and top notch parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,371 Posts
Quick question. Are you suppose to drill your high steer arm out so that sleeve fits through then gets welded in there? I thought ya just drilled it the size of your bolt, at least that’s how I did mine (which was first gyro set up for me so I’m probably wrong) I’m getting ready to 4 link my front and redoing my steering so if you are right then I wanna correct my mistake. Thanks. Great work man and top notch parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think either works. I just drilled mine and they lasted 12 years with no problem before I sold it. But welding in the bung with a longer contact area seems like a good move.

121 - 140 of 169 Posts