Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
541 - 550 of 550 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 · (Edited)
This may be my vibration issue. Time to double check angles.

After watching it a second time, I am not sure this is the issue. He talks about vibration during acceleration and load, and the noise going away when you let off the gas. I have the opposite. Never a noise till I am coasting.
I'm curious to what you find. I have the same issue as you.

I measured my shaft angle to be around 26*

When I lengthen my lower links I can get it to 19.3*

That is gonna be the best I can do unless I run 1-2* more pinion UP from parallel...which may be worth it?

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,478 Posts
This may be my vibration issue. Time to double check angles.

After watching it a second time, I am not sure this is the issue. He talks about vibration during acceleration and load, and the noise going away when you let off the gas. I have the opposite. Never a noise till I am coasting.
Jim, easy way to tell if it's the case would be to just throw some stupid heavy gear lube in it. I'm running 90 wt in my 205...but I've heard rumor @Mr. Beefy runs 250 wt

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,961 Posts
Jim, easy way to tell if it's the case would be to just throw some stupid heavy gear lube in it. I'm running 90 wt in my 205...but I've heard rumor @Mr. Beefy runs 250 wt

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I'm not a fan of masking a problem. My rear yoke has a little slop, which tells me the rear ball bearing is sloppy. I'm gonna change the rear output shaft bearings (when I get a chance) and go from there.

541 - 550 of 550 Posts