Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
421 - 430 of 430 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.GM swag from the old role. Took them out of the whip when I switched job assignments since I left the aftermarket world and now call on 22 chevy dealers.

I still like using 2L bottles of Mtn Dew for my funnel needs. Just seems no matter where you store a funnel, it ends up getting covered in crap!!

Man is that thing looking good!
Thanks! I'm happy with the overall progress. Thinking 2 moves ahead is paying off so far! I had to change the exhaust gaskets on the manifold to downpipe. Because I knew it needed to be serviceable with ease, it took 5 mins to change out the gaskets.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
The new switch panel arrived Friday and we are back in action!!! I'll see if I can tear open the old one and see why it failed. Be nice to get it working as a spare.

Have a bunch of wire I ordered from Del City being delivered Monday so I can finish wiring up the rock lights and reverse lights.

Been thinking of making a MOLLE panel like below:

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Be nice to have a place to mount the recovery straps/tree saver, tools, etc.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The new switch panel arrived Friday and we are back in action!!! I'll see if I can tear open the old one and see why it failed. Be nice to get it working as a spare.

Have a bunch of wire I ordered from Del City being delivered Monday so I can finish wiring up the rock lights and reverse lights.

Been thinking of making a MOLLE panel like below:

View attachment 280761

Be nice to have a place to mount the recovery straps/tree saver, tools, etc.
The only issue i see with that is everything hanging on that rack will be uv damaged in no time...

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
The only issue i see with that is everything hanging on that rack will be uv damaged in no time...
I'd more than likely have the items on the other side and make the panel removable so Its only on when I go offroad. The jeep sits in either the garage or shipping container and never outside. So really it isn't an issue about UV damage. But certainly a good comment and something to look out for that I never thought about.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'd more than likely have the items on the other side and make the panel removable so Its only on when I go offroad. The jeep sits in either the garage or shipping container and never outside. So really it isn't an issue about UV damage. But certainly a good comment and something to look out for that I never thought about.
That wouldn't be so bad then.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
Decided to change up the gauge cluster. With the regular analog style readouts, I could never spot things instantly. I should be good now!

Yellow: Look at me, I can turn bad.
Red: Bad.

I have the gauges go yellow when it is approaching the upper limit. It will go red when the upper limit is reached. Easy to see red and figure out why there is red. The oil pressure also has lower limits to show if oil pressure is low.

Gadget Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Audio equipment

Bought a DJI drone so....Drone shot! lol. I also added a washer bottle.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Gas Electrical wiring

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
made myself a rugged radio package for $188.

They use these waterproof radios and change some things. This has the keys on the mic so you can do everything remotely.

Hand Input device Peripheral Space bar Finger

Simple install off the shifter.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Drilled a slightly larger than 3/4" hole to install the antenna mount.
Road surface Automotive tire Floor Asphalt Composite material

BAM! Should keep it clear and away from getting hit.
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
Where did you pick that up from?
For JUST $250, I'll send you the Becker Radio :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F3WXL2V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered the wrong cable as it had a mini connector on the radio end. I drilled the solder out of the old CB cable and soldered it together and it works fine with no shorts.

Put a Nilight LED pod light up front/middle/rear
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Found that I must not have tightened this cross member when I made the skids....shows why its important to crawl under and check things.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fixture Rim Gas

Used some cheap rock lights to use as dome lights. I have not had a dome light in the jeep for over 15 years. Nice to have! Also works well when working inside the jeep.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Always adding more wiring. If I could do this again, I would make a run of at least 15 spare wires. Glad I designed it to have the panels hide everything.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

From when I first ran the 6.0 combo, my O2 pigtail connector got melted together as it was laying on the exhaust manifold. Finally ordered a new harness so I could actually separate the two again. Installed a new Bosch wideband sensor since this one has been used for over 15 years and even went through getting coolant dumped on it when the 360 blew with too much timing and turbo at silver lake. It will just become a spare as it still works.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Found that I must not have tightened this cross member when I made the skids....shows why its important to crawl under and check things.

Used some cheap rock lights to use as dome lights. I have not had a dome light in the jeep for over 15 years. Nice to have! Also works well when working inside the jeep.
Well at least the cross member will be easy to remove and reinstall. I put some spacers in mine when I welded everything up but it's still a little tricky to get in/out.

I decided to add an Amazon rock light in my buggy as a dome light and I'm sure it's going to come in handy.

421 - 430 of 430 Posts