Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
did you lose your wallet so you could deny the charge on that chunk of steel?
LOL! My credit card showed up a day after I ordered it. So I was good to go lol. It was $380 picked up at Alro in Lansing.

Decided to figure out how to input my fuel sending unit so I didn't have to look down into the fuel cell with a flashlight to see how much gas was left. Used a 1k ohm resistor hooked to a spare 5v ref. and tied them into analog 8.

Font Parallel Pattern Number Creative arts

Now to clean up the wiring and make a bar graph gauge. I have it filtered to the lowest possible setting of 10. Should help with fuel slosh. Can always use a different resistor if I want more steps as well.

For some reason I never bothered to check what the coolant temp read cold. Noticed in the video it was showing 83 when the garage was 70. So this tells me its reading 13 degrees higher than actual. So when I thought I was running 220 at silver lake, I was at around 207. I feel much better about that. The transmission temp was rite at 70. I'll have to change up the thermistor table so it reads correctly.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
I was figuring that would be getting close to 4 digits. Better than I thought.
For the AR Plate? A full 4 x 8 sheet was $687. This is only 3/16". I always call the main Jackson warehouse and get a quote from them versus at the outlet store. This way you get a far far far better price. I do have an account with them so maybe that also helps.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
So yeah....the fuel gauge bounces al around like I figured it would lol. Apparently I can install a capacitor and it'll really filter it making it less sensitive. I might try that.

Also an update on the Atlas issue. Just putting it down here to document everything.

Was told my video and pics were sent to someone on the engineering team. They spotted an issue and requested it to be sent in for teardown. Told them I had a trip coming up (silver Lake) and I could not do that. I was given the OK to drive it and call back after my trip so we could get it figured out. Few weeks go by and I just did not get around to calling back. Finally reached back out on a Friday and was told I would get a call back first thing Monday after he spoke to the manager. Monday came and gone. I called Tuesday and left a message. Wednesday came and gone. Called Thursday and left another message. Then called back and said, "I need to talk to this guy, I will wait on the line till he is free. Do not send me to his desk as I will just get voicemall." The guy I was telling this to was the manager.

He was sort of aware of what was going on and requested me to send him the pics/videos I had originally sent. Said he would call me back in an hour. Well that didn't happen lol. Called him back a few days later and was told he didn't have time to review the images/videos and he is short staffed because of this and that. I told him while I understand, I have been getting the run around and have not been able to speak to anyone for a solid week and I'm starting to loose my patience. He said hold on let me look quick. Stated it is most likely driveline angle. I told him I'm within 2-3* of parallel and don't think that is the cause. I can look at wide open design builds and they have a steeper angle than I do. Told me to get some pics of the driveline angles and send them and he would call me once they closed that night.

Received a call and he said while the driveline is not PERFECT it is probably being amplified with the internal issues of the tcase. I agreed. Told me to send it in and they would look at it and repair everything including the left out plug at the front. I told him that's great but I cannot afford to have this down as I have trips coming up. We agreed that come mind winter when its sitting, they will send me a box with a return label and I can send it in. I can keep driving it as it is.

I told him that would be fine and in the end I'd be happy.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
Worked on getting the winch mount made up. Since the bump cans and grill mount is in the way, I was unable to take a single piece of tubing and slide it in between the frame rails. So instead I decided to sleeve it. Slotted the one side so I could take a punch and push the sleeve into the other tube once they were installed.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grille Automotive design

1/4" winch plate. I noticed after installing the winch that the holes were way off.....not sure how that happened since my drawing for the CNC was spot on. Sometimes the computer will mess up and cause funky cut issues...or its my old Alienware gaming laptop I bought back in 2010 lol.

Hood Car Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

After drilling new holes (I'll just weld up the other holes) the winch is mounted.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Grille Vehicle

Now to make a fairlead mount and get new rope for the m8000.

341 - 346 of 346 Posts