Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts
It should not be an issue with me since the radiator is ABOVE the intake so air will bleed. I can always crack the line and bleed it as well and not have issues. Would it help? I'm sure. I know numerous people doing it this way with more power then me.
OK. Not saying you are wrong. Just interesting timing for me. I was over helping prep a Ultra 4 car the other night and filling the coolant system, where the radiator is rear mounted up high. The steam port topic came up and he said a lot of the U4 guys still keep it because it tends to do better.

Not in my wheel house so I have no opinion.

You are the second guy I know who is doing this WOD swap. They both look nice. If they had this back when I did my body swap (with a 20 year old frame) it would have been something to consider.

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts
Quick question. Are you suppose to drill your high steer arm out so that sleeve fits through then gets welded in there? I thought ya just drilled it the size of your bolt, at least that’s how I did mine (which was first gyro set up for me so I’m probably wrong) I’m getting ready to 4 link my front and redoing my steering so if you are right then I wanna correct my mistake. Thanks. Great work man and top notch parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think either works. I just drilled mine and they lasted 12 years with no problem before I sold it. But welding in the bung with a longer contact area seems like a good move.

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts
Are you going to have some protection for the battery from rocks etc?

I would not put the trans cooler there. That is the same place mine was mounted in my buggy and there is too much heat soak with not enough air flow. Get it out where it has cool air flowing through it.

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts

You can see my trans cooler on the passenger side, basically where you plan to mount yours, only vertical vs horzontal. My cowl has vents right above the fan and I wired it both ways (push vs pull) and it ran hot both ways. That's why I ran without my cowl and hood while in Sand Hollow.

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts
maybe it was installer error...hahaha. JK JK JK JK. I guess I didn't think about that. I guess I saw PSC sells the kit that way and assumed it would be ok. Probably will re-visit that.
Actually it was the hose size that they sold me in the kit. It was slightly out of tolerance. But that is a lesson learned. It didn't fail till half way through the day on the trail.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts