Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,660 Posts
Looks awesome! My only critique is to put some drainage spots in at the axle mounting point. Otherwise it might be a bitch to clean that portion out. Just a small half moon should work on one side.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

· Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,660 Posts
I like the cylinder hone idea. Assuming they're out of round now I would imagine that if you can get it in there that it'd loosen up over time.

Last resort could be to cut a slit up the outside and add a way to pinch it back together once you get the can in there.... Or cut off and redo...

· Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,660 Posts
15 gallons should be plenty for a day. I don't understand your fuel theory. Mine dumped right above the fuel pump. The fuel in the tank is plenty good as a heat sync.

If you are burning 15 gallons for a day of trail riding and having heat problems with your fuel, you have some other issue.
Kirk's fuel return dumps right into the baffles that he welded into the fuel tank. Theory is that the return fuel is hotter than the fuel in the tank, due to the baffle design it's not allowing the return fuel to mix with the rest of the fuel prior to circulating through the pump again, thus a constant cycle of heating up.

Picture of where the pump/return is attached.

View attachment 281009

1 - 20 of 38 Posts