Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
building a yj was going to buy the rough country 4" susp and a 3" body left for it what size tires will fit and will driveshafts need to be extended??

thanks

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
Why do you want that much lift?

dont lift and then figure out tire size.

Why dont you tell us intended purpose of the jeep, and what size tire you THINK you want to run. then you can lift to that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just put a rough country 4inch lift on my yj and I have a half inch shackle lift and it fits 35s easy, but I do have 4.10 gears so i am not to woried about the tire size and axles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did get lucky with the drive shafts because when i put the 4.0 motor in I moved the motor mounts back 2 inches and I had a skid plate cross member that droped the tcase down and inch, I actually had to lift my jeep to get the driveshafts to fit back up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
convert a rear 14 bolt to a front. It is 10 times stronger than a dana 60 and you will be more happier in the long run. You will have to convert it to a stering axle then seal the shafts to keep the fluid inside the hubs, Sounds difficult but is worth it.

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
convert a rear 14 bolt to a front. It is 10 times stronger than a dana 60 and you will be more happier in the long run. You will have to convert it to a stering axle then seal the shafts to keep the fluid inside the hubs, Sounds difficult but is worth it.
NOT! http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=114815

35-36's do the SOA setup with a hp44 from a 78-79 F-250 and the matching rear 60. This front bolts in and has flat top knuckles to do cross over steering or high steer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.