Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im looking to get new axles for my yj, and my friend's cherokee's rear axle took a shit, i was wondering if my axles would bolt in or not. any imput would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you would have to redo the spring perches b/c i believe that yj's are spring under(xjs are spring over), and there might be a width difference between the axles. im not sure on that, but id check just to make sure

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Same axles, just different mounts. You'll have to cut the perches off and weld new ones on like the above mentioned.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
I swapped in my 8.25 from my xj into my yj. Wasn't a big deal cutting and rewelding in the spring perches and shock mounts.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i just figured if theyd bolt it i'd give them to her and put them in, but i think she's planning on scraping it anyways

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
NO NO NO.......NO SCRAPING. i want it. i'm looking for a free XJ i can use to build as a "shop jeep" for display and driving advertisement or something.

NO SCRAPING. SCRAPING JEEPS IS ILLEGAL.

·
All out Idiot
1,714 Posts
NO NO NO.......NO SCRAPING. i want it. i'm looking for a free XJ i can use to build as a "shop jeep" for display and driving advertisement or something.

NO SCRAPING. SCRAPING JEEPS IS ILLEGAL.
x3

either find a new use or part it out. just don't scrap it.

and swapping the spring perches is easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts