Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
broken
5,093 Posts
that just ruined my whole day.

that song and midget are going to be stuck in my head all day.

·
Your Message Here
5,857 Posts
I loved the 80's.

When MTV was fun to watch.
I explained to my kids that MTV used to have nothing but music, 7 x 24. Granted, to get that much programming, there was a lot of English pop music - like this - mixed in (since the BBC already had a music video program for several years).

They didn't believe me.

·
Life on a lazy river
137 Posts
The original MTV VJs

WOW...remember Martha Quin and along with Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, and J. J. Jackson).

ahhhh...the eighties...came after the 70s..right??

:hacksaw:

Wikipedia:

On August 1, 1981, at 12:01 a.m., MTV: Music Television launched with the words "Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll," spoken by John Lack. Those words were immediately followed by the original MTV theme song, a crunching guitar riff written by Jonathan Elias and John Petersen, playing over a montage of the Apollo 11 moon landing. MTV producers Alan Goodman and Fred Seibert used this public domain footage as a conceit, associating MTV with the most famous moment in world television history. At the moment of its launch, only a few thousand people on a single cable system in northern New Jersey could see it.
Appropriately, the first music video shown on MTV was "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles. The second video shown was Pat Benatar's "You Better Run". Sporadically, the screen would go black when an employee at MTV inserted a tape into a VCR.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.