Be back in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
have fun :woot:

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Bruce, that's awesome! Take plenty of photos and stay the hell away from the bison. :d:

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

busted

I stopped a meijer on Middlebelt for ice, then got on 96 to get the kids. Everything felt fine, then I went around the ramp from wb 96 to sb 275 and when I tried to get back up to speed I got the mother of all deathwobble from hell. I've had deathwobble before but not like this. I swear it was lifting the tires off the ground.

It looks like one of the front lower control are bushings slipped and it only in the arm on one side. I'm trying to swap it out but now I broke the bolt. *^%$^#$&$%^$^&*^%. What a way to start a vacation.:mad:

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
better here than out there. Hope you get it together.

I had to delay the start of my trip last week from Saturday morning to Sunday. As we were getting ready to pull out, my wife yells that there is water on the bathroom floor. I check and the supply line to the toilet had broken. Can you imagine what I would have come home to after a week away??

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I had to delay the start of my trip last week from Saturday morning to Sunday. As we were getting ready to pull out, my wife yells that there is water on the bathroom floor. I check and the supply line to the toilet had broken. Can you imagine what I would have come home to after a week away??
yeah. Last time I tried t ogo out west, 2 years ago, I made it as far as my sisters house in Minnesota and had to replace the throw out bearing. That was to be our first stop this time also.

I'm going to try to get it together tomorrow and head out Tuesday.

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
Ouch.. yeah, better here then there!

Yellowstone is sweet, have fun! Watch for the Bison, those suckers can run FAST!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yep, Have a great time. I just left there about 3 weeks ago. Wonderful place. Since then stopped in Salt lake to see my son, Stopped at Bryce canyon, Grand canyon and now in Moab. Great places. Now its time to head home though.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

why dont you shut the water off in the house whenever you go somewhere for an extended period of time. then if something happens it will only be a little bit of water instead of a whole bunch.

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
yeah. Last time I tried t ogo out west, 2 years ago, I made it as far as my sisters house in Minnesota and had to replace the throw out bearing. That was to be our first stop this time also.

I'm going to try to get it together tomorrow and head out Tuesday.

Sorry Bruce. :( Hope you get it fixed and you are able to go. Its the best vacation I have ever had!! Your kids will love it. :thumb:

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the bad news is that I worked on the Jeep for 2 days and it still has deathwobble, worse than ever.

The good news is that I'm leaving tomorrow for yellowstone in a borrowed vehicle. Better late than never I guess.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
the bad news is that I worked on the Jeep for 2 days and it still has deathwobble, worse than ever.

The good news is that I'm leaving tomorrow for yellowstone in a borrowed vehicle. Better late than never I guess.
Have a safe trip. Yellowstone is amazing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts