Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AdvoCare Distributor
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to tell everybody about my experience with XTANG Tonneau covers.

I bought a used Extang Tonneau cover for my 2006 Dodge Quad cab when I first bought it (used truck) 3 years ago. I bought the FULLTILT model from a guy. When I bought it, there were some missing snaps on the cover and on the rails so I called EXTANG fully expecting to buy replacement snaps.

NOPE, they mailed them to me for Free put them on and went three years without any problems. Well the cover this winter got pretty tore up from use and was in need of replacement, so I emailed Dorene at Extang and told her I need a new tarp, some new gaskets and two new shocks (I had lost one and the other had gotten bent (long story about that so i won't go there))

Anyways she emailed me back the pricing for everything and it was about $140.00 for everything plus shipping. Well, since they are located in Ann Arbor (yes, MICHIGAN MADE!!) I figured I'd just swing by next time I was in the area and get the parts, which I did..

Dorene in their customer service hooked me up AGAIN!! since I came to the business to get the tarp, she sold it to me for almost $30.00 less than she quoted me and threw the gaskets in for free. I ended up paying just a little more than what the cover was quoted to me!!! The down side was they didn't have the cover in stock and had to make it, This was a Thursday, they made it and shipped it to me on Friday I had it on Monday! couldn't complain about that.

Now when I went to put the cover on I found that I had two corner supports (casted aluminum) that were broken, so once again I emailed Dorene at customer service and asked her to give me a price for two corners, she called me immediately and told me I'll have them in the mail today for you at no charge!!!!! I got off the phone and said, this is the third time this women and this company have backed their product and hooked me up... I'm sold for life and every time I get a truck and want a cover it'll be an EXTANG!

Do yourselves and Michigan a favor and buy yourselves an Extang tonneau cover if your looking for one. They are awesome!

Check them out at www.extang.com

and if you want to place an order contact Dorene Selmi 734-677-0444, ext 3506

She's awesome!!!!

·
Yooper In Training
7,474 Posts
Good to hear! I actually work for Extang in the engineering department. Definitely lots of good people down in customer service, Dorene included. It's so rare to find good customer service these days, it's nice to work for a company going out of their way to provide it and even nicer when people share their good experiences to others in the market.:thumb:

About 6-7 years ago I bought a used Extang tonneau, modified it for my truck(it was a Ford model, I was putting it on a Dodge with a toolbox), and bought a new tarp for it to fit properly and had equally good experiences with the customer service team. Just over a year ago I stumbled across an opportunity to work here and now here I am. Very good company for sure.

·
AdvoCare Distributor
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keep up the great work!!! Glad to hear we have fellow 4x4ers working there too!

·
Yooper In Training
7,474 Posts
Yep, 3 of the 5 of us in the engineering department are wheelers, a couple used to work at Bestop, etc. Truck parts from people who actually drive and enjoy trucks:thumb:

·
AdvoCare Distributor
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there's always a critic isn't there....

almost a 7 year old Tonneau cover, in the weather 24/7 needed to be replaced I consider to be not bad!

·
Size Matters (.)(.)
3,659 Posts
Instead of spending my money at Holiday Inn of Midland and Big E's Sports Grill I will buy a Xtang tonneau cover. From what I have read, they are the shiz-nit!!!!!!

·
Yooper In Training
7,474 Posts
Instead of spending my money at Holiday Inn of Midland and Big E's Sports Grill I will buy a Xtang tonneau cover. From what I have read, they are the shiz-nit!!!!!!
:sonicjay:

Please buy an Extang. XTang, if it exists, is probably a Chinese knock-off.

·
To Live is To Die
2,913 Posts
I worked there running a mill in back in high school.

Good people, Great product.

Glad that's still the case :thumb:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Damn, I picked up a BakFlip a couple months ago. I didn't know Extang was Michigan Made.

·
Registered
336 Posts
True that. When I worked at a dealership they test fitted new models on our trucks and I got to try some prototypes on my Ram and brother's Ram. Top-notch company and products. Facility is on Ellsworth Rd in Ann Arbor.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Extang trifecta is what I have. Sweet. I ripped it, sewed the rip closed, and the material is thick enough to hold my stitching no problem.

I did inquire for the cost of replacing the material but at the time didn't have the capitol. It has paid for itself in quality alone.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,290 Posts
Yep, 3 of the 5 of us in the engineering department are wheelers, a couple used to work at Bestop, etc. Truck parts from people who actually drive and enjoy trucks:thumb:
Ahmo's M&G :baa: <--- gyro meat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts