Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my buddy just pick up a 95 xj and the front of the truck was lifted higher then the back so we lifted to back to even it out but the shocks are to short i was wondering if any one had some longer shocks or have an idea on how to run stock length shocks because he was give 2 brand new ranchero shocks for it. and also when we tried to take the stock shocks off the 2 bolts on top just spin and we cant get on the back side to hold the nut

any input would be greatly aprecheated thanks

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
cut the top bolts or break them whatever you gotta do, usually the dumb things just snap, any way once the old one are out you can take a piece of wire and use electrical tape and tape a 5/16 bolt to the wire and fish it through the hole or if your hands are small enough you can actually get up in the cross member and put the bolt in that way, either way it is doable and I have done it more than once. as far as shock length goes, you should be good with stock length shocks up to 2" and maybe even 3" just have limited down travel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
more info would be great we planned on welding a bar to the frame to run across and have the top of the shocks bolt to the bar which will bring the bolt point down almost 5 inch's or so sounds ghetto but looks like it should work alright but explain more of what you were saying thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.