Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple guys want to sell me their trackbars. One is RE1600, one is JKS. Both have been professionally modded. The RE one has been cut and rewelded at a different angle because the XJ that it was on had 1-ton steering on it. The JKS one has been cut down 1". Can I rework any of these trackbars and have it still be safe? How much do you think that will cost?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even if it has been cut down 1", they make longer tie rod ends.
The welded one looks great, it's sleeved and plugged. It's only off by a few degrees from stock although those few degrees could screw it all up. I'll post up pics and see what you guys think, if it doesn't work out the guy said I can give it back to him.

·
Feel lucky?
5,147 Posts
Jeepers Creepers, JKS trackbar, rebuildable and adjustable, brand new $219 I believe.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the JKS one I've heard is top of the line. I'm just wondering if this trackbar will work good. The guy said he's wheeled it hard with no problems. I believe him, he has a very nicely built XJ and it isn't a poser.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

this weld is realy under cut (sides of weld) and done with mig, not tig
that dose not mean that it may not hold up over time, but the chances are greatly reduced.
i agree that it should be cut out, sleaved and welded prop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts