Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I have the bastard packs and shackles for the rear and 3" springs and 2" spaces as well as adjustable LCA's for the front. Also have longer brake lines. For now I plan on doing a T-case drop(need to know how much to drop) and is there anything else I need to address? I know I need to do a SYE but I have to wiat till June for that. Thanks

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok wasnt sure about trackbar. What about steering? Tell me more please.
I already have adjustable LCA's.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'm just over 5 inches on the rear on my 96 xj and haven't had to go to a sye . going to need a drop pitman arm pick up one for a zj it will give you a 1 inch drop . going to need a adj. trac bar too. t-case drop is 1 inch

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TY TY didnt even think about pitman arm. Guess now I have to find a cheap used trac bar.
T-case drop can be 1"x1" tube right?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
rc adjustable trac bar you can find for under 100 bucks Take a look at car parts .com

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
should put that you would trade your rims for and list some of the stuff your looking for just an idea

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
you don't have to necessarily have to run a drop pit man arm. Just need to insure your track bar and drag link are close to running even, as to avoid death wobble. Stock steering is rough running on a 4.5"+ lift, it needs some beef, an older steering setup you will feel the weakened state of it when you lift it. Rugged ridge as a nice little set up for Like $179 that is a good upgrade. Also, seen it done several times on a 4.5" lift is the V8 ZJ steering upgrade. Just like the stock steering you got now but much beefier and very noticeable once installed. For the track bar, I went with the rough country set up for less then $100 and gives you room to go to 6.5" of lift. And I ended up getting mine through JCWhitney and it was cheaper than RC.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/ROUGH-COUN...0208_N_111+1994+200728794+600003409_10101.jcw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts