Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Merkin salesman
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been using itunes for a while and about a week ago, it decided to delete abot a quarter of my songs, which I have saved on my 120gb external hard drive. So, ive been trying to re-download all the songs ive lost and every time I add a new song, another one goes away and gets the little stupid (!) next to it. What is going on here?!?!?!

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
Mine now skips songs on my hard drive even

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
It isn't deleting your songs. For some reason it is not finding the folder/ location that you have them saved in. Were they deleted from your external HD? Perhaps Itunes isn't communicating with that HD for some reason.

·
Merkin salesman
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent deleted anything, but after they do this, I cant find em on the external, which is the only place I store songs on

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
something else is deleting them then. Anyone else have access to your puter? Worm perhaps from the good ol Limewire downloads?

·
Merkin salesman
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm, not that i know of, and I scan every song that I download with the AVG software before playing it, and ive scanned the whole drive before and turned up nothing

·
sim sim balla bim
1,542 Posts
Had 500 songs on I-tunes and they are all gone. Why I have no idea. I figured I would use i-tunes and pay for them ya know do it legally, now they can kiss my arse. I downloaded limewire and everything is fine now but I am still out the 500 songs on i-tunes. It is BS!!!!!

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Have you recently synched your iPod or consolidated your music library? I am reading of a few issues related to imprper syncs and song deletion.

Also have you checked your recycle bin to see if the songs are in there?

·
Merkin salesman
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they arent in the recycle bin. By syncing th eipod, do you mean just plugging it in so it will update the songs? If so, then no because it still has all those songs on there and I dont want to lose them. How would I consilidate my muisc library? I dunno what that means

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
forget the consolidated library thing as you have them on an external. Have you done a search on your puter for the songs? Perhaps they somehow were relocated after the last sync of your iPod?

·
Merkin salesman
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill try that, thanks

since they are all still on the ipod, is there a way to load em back to the puter from the ipod?

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
No problem. Glad you found them. iTunes is probably trying to get them to default to the iTunes folder instead of your external.

·
I Ride a Bike
2,336 Posts
thanks dude, found em all. for some reason, they are getting moved to a different folder of my HD
this is a result of using an external drive to save your songs to, then loading up itunes without the external drive connected/powered up, then trying to import new music, iTunes recognizes that the drive it normally gets music from is not connected so it default to your main HDD. So then when you go to play your music that is is on the external when it's not connected you get the " ! " . Next time you run itunes even with the external drive connected it is still set on the default of putting music down to your internal HDD, and not the external HD.

Glad you figured it out :thumb:

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
this is a result of using an external drive to save your songs to, then loading up itunes without the external drive connected/powered up, then trying to import new music, iTunes recognizes that the drive it normally gets music from is not connected so it default to your main HDD. So then when you go to play your music that is is on the external when it's not connected you get the " ! " . Next time you run itunes even with the external drive connected it is still set on the default of putting music down to your internal HDD, and not the external HD.

Glad you figured it out :thumb:
bingo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts