Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Low Range Drifter
8,545 Posts
Ok... ok... I was recently bitching about FedEx and these wait times and was reminded by my wife to settle down.

She reminded me of the days when I had to 1.. order the catalog and wait for it to show up in the mail. 2...fill out the order form and WRITE A CHECK and mail it back... 3....wait for the company to receive the order... 4...wait more while the check clears the bank.... 5...wait for the company to ship the product to me. The disclaimer in the catalog normally stated, "...may take 4 to 6 weeks to receive order."

So all things considered... waiting 5 days to get something I ordered isn't all that bad, even if the company states they'll get it there in 2 days. We've gotten soft in this techno world.
Get out of here with your logic! :D

·
Project Antitube
1,051 Posts
Ok... ok... I was recently bitching about FedEx and these wait times and was reminded by my wife to settle down.

She reminded me of the days when I had to 1.. order the catalog and wait for it to show up in the mail. 2...fill out the order form and WRITE A CHECK and mail it back... 3....wait for the company to receive the order... 4...wait more while the check clears the bank.... 5...wait for the company to ship the product to me. The disclaimer in the catalog normally stated, "...may take 4 to 6 weeks to receive order."

So all things considered... waiting 5 days to get something I ordered isn't all that bad, even if the company states they'll get it there in 2 days. We've gotten soft in this techno world.
When was this? In the before time? Did the post office deliver it by horse?

Even in the goddamn 90s I was ordering shit from Summit and Midway by these newfangled things called the telephone and magically it showed up few days later.

Hell, I remember ordering shit from World Class ATV, Rock Mountain ATV, Moto-man, etc out of the back of a magazine in the early 90s and it always showed up within a week.

FedEx does one thing. It's a logistics and shipping company. I heard they've been doing it for a couple years now. It's not like we're asking them to mine some boxite and turn it into forged pistons in the two days they committed to.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yay, 2 more thing on order being shipped FexEx, What is up with everyone using Fedex now? It used to be 5% of what I ordered came through them, now it seem like 75+%.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,846 Posts
Speaking of Fedex...I just read an article about some FedEx driver that said he was refusing to deliver to any home that had a pro biden, harris or BLM flag.

Brings up an interesting point; though to me, that's 100% fire-able and should not be tolerated. That's your job, you agreed to do it whne you signed up. There was no asterisk that said "only if you are ok with it". That's not how the world works.

·
Gustafson
10,131 Posts
Speaking of Fedex...I just read an article about some FedEx driver that said he was refusing to deliver to any home that had a pro biden, harris or BLM flag.

Brings up an interesting point; though to me, that's 100% fire-able and should not be tolerated. That's your job, you agreed to do it whne you signed up. There was no asterisk that said "only if you are ok with it". That's not how the world works.
Well, I have none of those in front of my house and they still suck..... :ROFLMAO:

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,846 Posts
Well, I have none of those in front of my house and they still suck..... :ROFLMAO:
I don't like shit like that in my yard. Mostly cause they're all fing idoits and saying they're better than the opposition is like saying a hernea is better than anal seepage.

Though I did put a post for a judge in our last local election; so that counts.

·
Yooper In Training
7,369 Posts
They're doing great. I ordered a pair of pants that shipped from Tennessee a week ago.

I'll admit that I'm impressed with the precision of their tracking, even if a squirrel on cocaine did the routing. Usually with FedEx I get a notification that the item shipped about a day and a half after it arrives.

Reactions: 03tjsport

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,715 Posts
have a part coming via fedex. says it will be here tomorrow, but it's still in Georgia.. I don't believe them.
Nearly all fed-f-up deliveries have been a day behind for us lately..... :(

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am at about 20 in a row between home and work that haven't been on time.

·
Livin in Cal-tuckey
872 Posts
When was this? In the before time? Did the post office deliver it by horse?

Even in the goddamn 90s I was ordering shit from Summit and Midway by these newfangled things called the telephone and magically it showed up few days later.

Hell, I remember ordering shit from World Class ATV, Rock Mountain ATV, Moto-man, etc out of the back of a magazine in the early 90s and it always showed up within a week.

FedEx does one thing. It's a logistics and shipping company. I heard they've been doing it for a couple years now. It's not like we're asking them to mine some boxite and turn it into forged pistons in the two days they committed to.
Sears & JC Penny mostly... In the 70's and 80's... and we lived pretty rural at the time. We ordered Christmas presents in late October and early November... that was the norm for us. Never ordered auto parts through the post. Went to NAPA and they would "order it 'round, take a bit to get here."

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,177 Posts
Sears & JC Penny mostly... In the 70's and 80's... and we lived pretty rural at the time. We ordered Christmas presents in late October and early November... that was the norm for us. Never ordered auto parts through the post. Went to NAPA and they would "order it 'round, take a bit to get here."
These kids today just don't understand. LOL

·
Gustafson
10,131 Posts
All things being equal.... can't we all just agree that DHL is the absolute worst?
DHL? They are still around? I don't think I've seen one of their trucks in years.....haha

·
Project Antitube
1,051 Posts
They went bankrupt and kind of came back.

I don't care what service it is, they shouldn't make a commitment if they can't meet it. It also shouldn't be a surprise if they do meet it.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,778 Posts
That's really funny DHL came up. Actually saw one of their trucks drive by over the weekend. Had the same thought about not seeing one in forever. Wasn't aware that they went away and came back.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts