Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fedex has always been on the slow side, but I am on at least 9 straight things shipped through them that have been 1-5 days late. I had 3 things shipped separately from the same place, they took 3 different routes and came 3 different days, all late.

·
Yooper In Training
7,346 Posts
I'd guess the same manpower issues as everyone else these days. They already sucked, now it's just worse with less people. Nobody wants to work when the could suckle off the government teet.

Reactions: SHARPMACHINE

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get lack of employees. But they know when your package is going to arrive(or know it's not going to on the day they say), stop lying and give me the real date it's going to arrive.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,770 Posts
I've seen the same thing with Amazon prime. Ever since they opened up all these new warehouse locations, and started their own delivery operations, they make the USPS look like superstars.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,822 Posts
I mean, USPS took 22 days to deliver my letter to Kubota; they made my tractor payment late, and because it was late I did an online payment; then the next day my letter showed up and took another payment. Was awesome to see $500 leave my account when I wasn't expecting it.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen the same thing with Amazon prime. Ever since they opened up all these new warehouse locations, and started their own delivery operations, they make the USPS look like superstars.
Amazon sucked bad for a while, lately they have been better, but I hardly use it since they went to shit last year.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean, USPS took 22 days to deliver my letter to Kubota; they made my tractor payment late, and because it was late I did an online payment; then the next day my letter showed up and took another payment. Was awesome to see $500 leave my account when I wasn't expecting it.
USPS took 5 days to get a letter from Romeo to Richmond (17 miles) and that wasn't including a sunday.

·
Red Dragons!
2,015 Posts
You guys actually send stuff through USPS? I would never even consider sending a payment through them. I live in Howell, I track packages in Detroit, to Lansing, and back to Howell. To the point that I won’t order things if they use USPS.

·
Project Antitube
1,042 Posts
I almost exclusively try to use USPS. Seems to work decent for me. UPS works well. I used to have faith in FedEx but I don't know what went wrong with them. My parents used to use them also.

A lot of places try to get you to use FedEx so then they can charge you more for FedEx SureMightSmartPost which just switches to the local USPS for final delivery. Which is always the problem I have.

Amazon, fuck Amazon. They clearly must pay per package on the route because if there aren't enough packages getting delivered by me they never show up until there are. Hear about it all the time on the local FaceSpace page. If it was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday you are guaranteed to get it on Thursday because it's most common that they don't show up on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys actually send stuff through USPS? I would never even consider sending a payment through them. I live in Howell, I track packages in Detroit, to Lansing, and back to Howell. To the point that I won’t order things if they use USPS.
I find usps to be the fastest and most consistent for shipping packages.

·
Gustafson
10,085 Posts
USPS and UPS have always been pretty good for me. I have never had good luck with Fedex.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,822 Posts
USPS and UPS have always been pretty good for me. I have never had good luck with Fedex.
In the same boat; never used to have have issues with USPS and UPS. Fedex never got my address right and back in the day I used to have every package shipped through FedEx delivered to a guy 10 miles south of me. Granted that actually hasn't happened in several years.

I did find USPS to generally be the most consistent, even if not the fastest. Amazon prime seemed to fuck off on shipping when the made deals with fedex and USPS; when it was all UPS the 2 day shipping was actually 2 day, on the dot. Now Prime shipping is almost a joke. Sometimes it's 2 days, sometimes its 5 days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts