Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a set of bright off-road lights with mounting brackets. I don't need the harness, just the lights, but if you have the harness I would take it. 55W or 100W doesn't matter. Plastic casing or steel is fine, but if they're steel, I don't want a set that's all rusted! I would also prefer square lights, but round will work too! $50 range would be nice. Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Buy some Hella's. Round, composite housing, brackets, wiring, covers all for $39.99 plus shipping. Amazon.com

I have two sets on the jeep. Both are wired into my bright lights. When it gets warmer, I will also make'em come on with a switch.

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
x2 on the hellas. For the money and wattage, they are excellent. Tight crisp brilliant white beam. And they also come with a relay and harness, so at $40, its a hell of a deal.

Ive had mine on for 6 months or so; theyve been hit with stones on the highway, submerged in water, and are turned on almost every time Im out after dark. Zero problems.

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
Also sold at wally world for likr 50-60 bux
I got mine at advance for $60. :thumb:

The walmart ones are like $10 cheaper than everywhere else, but the wire harness and relay arent as good.

From what I hear, there are 3 versions of the hella 500 kit. The $40-$50 walmart version, the $60 everywhere else version, and a $90 version you have to order. The lights themselves are the same, but the wire harnesses vary in quality and how much assembly is required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts