Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
build it break it learn
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend is looking for a trailer to haul his jeep so let me see (pics please) what you got for sale:woot: .

·
build it break it learn
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had seen that post however a few questions came to mind

1) If made by Mid Atlantic why is there no title all mid atlantic trailers come with titles I believe.

2) The gate looks to be bent or tweaked, is it and how did this happen are the ramps square.

3) How are the tires and when were the brakes last serviced

Thanks Brian

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
What is the price range? If it is close to what I want for my trailer I'll get you some pics this weekend.

·
build it break it learn
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the price range? If it is close to what I want for my trailer I'll get you some pics this weekend.
More than a dollar and thess than 2000.00. Other than that I guess it would depend on the trailer right :poke:

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
78cj7 In Mi. even if a trailer came with a title when it was new they are not needed. I bought a new PJ car trailer and when I went to the secratary of state to register it they kept the title. Said they are not used on trailers under a certain weight or style. I do not remember exactly which it was. So thats probably where the title of this trailer went. You should get the old registration though when you buy a trailer.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
78cj7 In Mi. even if a trailer came with a title when it was new they are not needed. I bought a new PJ car trailer and when I went to the secratary of state to register it they kept the title. Said they are not used on trailers under a certain weight or style. I do not remember exactly which it was. So thats probably where the title of this trailer went. You should get the old registration though when you buy a trailer.
x2

·
build it break it learn
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
78cj7 In Mi. even if a trailer came with a title when it was new they are not needed. I bought a new PJ car trailer and when I went to the secretary of state to register it they kept the title. Said they are not used on trailers under a certain weight or style. I do not remember exactly which it was. So that's probably where the title of this trailer went. You should get the old registration though when you buy a trailer.
thanks for the info Denny, I know that in Illinois if you don't have a title you either have to do a title search or get it registered as a homemade trailer if you don't have a title. If i were paying for a non homemade trailer I would surely expect to pay less money for it so the value would automatically drop in my opinion as far as resale goes. And since I am going to be the one checking it out and giving the final word I would want the title unless the secretary of state will accept he registration, I will have to check on that one.:thumb:

·
build it break it learn
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
btt

·
build it break it learn
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
btt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts