Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can rent a wrangler from for the weekend of 4th of july? taking a road trip, but my wrangler gets 10 mpg. must be a wrangler.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Where are you going with it? There might be a rental place at your destination, and you could drive a better MPG car to get there. Other than that I've got nothing.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Hertz has them. I passed 25+ today while getting my rental car.

Call the Hertz rental #, not your local office.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
I logged into Hertz.com and cannot find a ZIP in Michgan that has Wranglers. if someone can point one out, i can work up a real quote.

They are $148.49/weekend day in Hawaii.

Beyond that...

anyone know where i can rent a wrangler from for the weekend of 4th of july? taking a road trip, but my wrangler gets 10 mpg. must be a wrangler.
I can understand the possible peace of mind you get from renting something newer and perhaps more reliable than your own vehicle for the trip, but I don't think that the rental will necessarily work to your financial advantage considering the limited mileage improvement you'd be getting.

For the purpose of comparison...

20 gallon tank @ 10mpg and $2.60/gal = $0.26/mile.

20 gallon tank @ 20mpg and $2.60/gal = $0.13/mile, but you still have to add the rental cost per day. Let's say you get a Wrangler for $60/day (unrealistic on 4th of July weekend, also). One tank of gas at the example of 20mpg will effectively cost $0.28/mile.

This is probably an extremely optimistic scenario, as you're not going to see that kind of mileage or a daily rate that low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts