1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467703

ronprice said:
I would like to let you know your a peice of SCUM:::

This is to the unspecial scum bags who did this:: I hope they are not members here!!!

A member of the Jeep club I belong to had a seriouse accident at Silver Lake Sand Dunes.
Don/Heather Sleight,did an endo over test hill a week ago. They crested the hill,(peaked), flipped and landed on the roof then again onto their wheels. Roll bar smashed down to the tops of the front seats,smashed the windsheild frame, bent the tub where the bars bolt to.
Don has 2 black eyes and can barely move his head, heather is ok and their son was in the back seat, I hear he's messed up too.
to add insult to injury, before anyone checked to see if they were ok, his tools and spare parts that fell out were taken by onlookers.

If anyone heres of these arse Mokeys bragging of taking Dons stuff instead of helping please contact the right people and the Cadillac Jeepers Don is a great guy and builds awsome rigs. He didnt deserve to be robbed.

I can't ever imagine something like that happening if someone was hurt or dying, it just blows my mind.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Damn man, that is super shitty. :(

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
I'm not usually one to wish evil upon someone, but thats just low!

·
Snowman
3,176 Posts
I'll play devils advocate and guess that his shit is still buried in the sand.

Seriously who rolls off test hill?

But I am glad they are alive. We need no more casualties or injuries at SL this year.

·
Hack
555 Posts
...Seriously who rolls off test hill?
If this happend on 9/15 before noon, I was there...And someone in a green Jeep definitely went endo' off TH. We didn't see it happen, but my son and I got there to see the group of people (and Ranger) all gathered around the Jeep at the bottom. Didn't witness any 'looting' to speak of, but we weren't the 'first on scene', so to speak. We saw the Jeep drive off, so we assumed any injuries were not life threatening. It did squash the top.

On the night prior, it rained and the wind was blowing in excess of 30mph, it 'back cut' a number of dunes in certain areas. I found one such area on my son's 400EX around 12:15 that same day...Ended up with a broken collarbone and two fractured ribs.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
I'll play devils advocate and guess that his shit is still buried in the sand.
I'll second that. You drop a socket in the sand there is it's about impossible to find it. If his tools fell out of a tool box in all this, then many of them prolly got buried.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I'll second that. You drop a socket in the sand there is it's about impossible to find it. If his tools fell out of a tool box in all this, then many of them prolly got buried.
I agree, I know if I saw someone looting a rolled vehicle they would know who it was. They would be the person with the part shoved in their arse.

·
Hack
555 Posts
The only thing 'unusual' that I saw was a couple guys carrying what appeared to be a Hi-Lift jack back towards the damaged vehicle. Other than that, if he had any other 'loose tools'...It'd be time to get the metal finders out.

42,948 Posts
That person is just an attention whore. Nobody would run over to a flipped jeep and steal their tools. I know this, because I've had to do some major repairs on the dunes, and if you drop a tool, no matter what the size, it is GONE within 7 seconds.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I bet there is more eating done by those Dunes then you would think. I lost my Phone out there and tried to look for it. Thats worse then a needle in a hay stack.

I hope your buddy and his family heal fast, and sorry about there accident.

·
The Man Myth And Legend
5,133 Posts
I bet there is more eating done by those Dunes then you would think. I lost my Phone out there and tried to look for it. Thats worse then a needle in a hay stack.

I hope your buddy and his family heal fast, and sorry about there accident.
x2 my first trip up there this yr lost my phone..turned back around to get...gone..$200 trip cost me $600...cause i was a loser and didnt have insurance..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts