Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
why is he wearing all that leather? at that speed there is 1% chance of survival if you crash, may as well ride naked.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,130 Posts
why is he wearing all that leather? at that speed there is 1% chance of survival if you crash, may as well ride naked.

think of bugs of dirt hitting you at that speed if you were naked OUCH
a pebble could hit you going half the speed of a bullet!

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
that's none of my concern. the thread was about the potential splat, not about pebbles or bugs.:sonicjay::sonicjay:

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Windburn or frost bite on his hootus perhaps?
Very good answers. A bug at 60mph stings so I would only imagine that one hitting you at 260mph would do a little more damage.

Very cool.

·
Registered
734 Posts
As a motorcycle newbie, that is scary!! I went on 1-75 for the first time this week and I thought going 70 between Gaylord and Vanderbilt (yes a whopping 8 miles in the "congestion of a northern Michigan Wednesday") was freaky enough, let alone 256 mph. Wow. Wish the video showed more of the run and less of the tech stuff.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
ghey sit in da pits and drink like me more fun.....i like beer

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
you guys are all sissys.

I've done 160 on that same stretch of "congestion of a northern Michigan Wednesday." It's not bad. Another 100 mph would be freaking cool!

As for the splat, with all that leather, and no traffic I'd bet if he did go down he wouldn't only have some road rash and nothing else. Barring slamming into something of course...

·
Always right-sometimes
1,873 Posts
I just seen a show where a guy was running well over 200mph at the salt flats. The bike went into a head wobble and he fell off. He had no serious injuries. The bike straightend up after he fell off and had no damage. So, dude hops back on the next day runs it up over 250 and loses it again. Big crash, but he still survives it.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,005 Posts
They usually measure motorcycle "splats" in using yards and diameters.
I expect the "splat" from and high speed motorcycle crash to be more fan shaped, being longer and narrower the faster the "splatee" was going.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts