Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,896 Posts
Thanks. I am working on a 2000 with a TDI swap. It is currently set up to run through the oem pump and filter and then into the injection pump. The return line of the injection pump is hooked up to the return line going back to the fuel tank.

Some research shows that the oem filter should be ~3 micron, which should be good enough for the AHU TDI engine.

·
A little slow
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The pump wouldn't run after I ripped out all the unnecessary sensors and wiring harness. The grounds for the fuel pump and the starter switch relays came from the BCM. By grounding directly to the chassis, it no longer needs input from the BCM. The fuel pump runs all the time with the key on.

·
Durango-space-division
4,655 Posts
The pump wouldn't run after I ripped out all the unnecessary sensors and wiring harness. The grounds for the fuel pump and the starter switch relays came from the BCM. By grounding directly to the chassis, it no longer needs input from the BCM. The fuel pump runs all the time with the key on.
This is extremely good to know, I did not know the fuel pump was ground switched. thank you for the info!

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,896 Posts
I know this is reviving an old thread
But I'm thinking of doing a similar project
6.2 in a wj
what did you use for motor mounts?
I would expect that he made his own. Every swap I have done or been involved in we just made them, probably one of the easiest parts of a swap...lol

Sadly, I abandoned my TDI swap after the injection pump failed twice. I bought it as a project that had done the same to the PO. Sure wish I had tried another pump or found someone knowledgeable to repair the pump. I was so close.... :(

21 - 31 of 31 Posts