Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember some differences in the 99+ 4.0's for the WJ. Are these changes that were made to the TJ/XJ blocks as well?

We have a customer that is looking for a motor for his 99 WJ, and motors out of them are $$.

·
Premium Member
14,643 Posts
According to the 2000 Harbour Report, all 4.0's from Kenosha have the same application

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,939 Posts
I think I remember reading somewhere of a motor mount change. The WJ's blocks are drilled in the different set of "bosses" on the block, passenger side I think. But, you could look at your 4ltr and see for your self if that's true.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I remember reading somewhere of a motor mount change. The WJ's blocks are drilled in the different set of "bosses" on the block, passenger side I think. But, you could look at your 4ltr and see for your self if that's true.
Don't have the truck here unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
not sure on that one. that's actually an interesting question. what i would do is go to the napaonline website and look up a longblock for a 99+ and compare the part number to whatever you wanna take the 4.0 out of. if the part numbers for the blocks are the same, you should be fine. personally i've never heard of a 4.0L having the motor mounts in different locations.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Give Rick from Chuck's Engine a call at 734-727-1760. He has casting numbers written down and can probably supply a short or long block for you. There are some 4 liter blocks that use different m/m bolts, also on the back side where the cam gear sticks out - some are machined, and some are rough cast. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts