Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking for snow projections, and everything I’m finding leans toward a warm wet winter.
What say our weather oracles on here?

Ecoregion Map World Biome Font

Ecoregion Map World Organism Font

Ecoregion Map World Slope Font

with three blades ready to push and pull snow and five cord of wood on the deck, I am predicting a mild winter.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,955 Posts
After the last 2 years of winter "predicting". Nobody can predict shit.

Last 2 years were both, "above" average snowfall, and I don't know about you guys, be we barely had enough snow to plow more than a dozen times, if that.

Reactions: XXXJ

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,803 Posts
I'd rather have "Normal" weather. This month we had 12" of snow followed by 14-16" of snow then 50 degree temps. We had easily 2.5 feet of standing snow and by the end of the week. 4" of crust.

·
Desert Rat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A lot of flakes in Manistee, but no snow…

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Just remember, doom and gloom sells. Dot get caught up in the hype. Ignore the paranoia, turn off the boob tube and look out the window.

·
Desert Rat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just remember, doom and gloom sells. Dot get caught up in the hype. Ignore the paranoia, turn off the boob tube and look out the window.
the window…
Window Plant Flowerpot Houseplant Building

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,955 Posts
got hit pretty good the last couple days; most snow this season but still not a "shit load"

Reminded me to get my snowblower up and working...

·
Desert Rat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eight Inches Wednesday night, 4” to 6” yesterday, 8”+ last night. A doe just stovepiped through the yard and it was up to her belly, so there is over a foot of snow.

·
Gustafson
10,249 Posts
eight Inches Wednesday night, 4” to 6” yesterday, 8”+ last night. A doe just stovepiped through the yard and it was up to her belly, so there is over a foot of snow.
You wanted to move to the westside..... :ROFLMAO:

There is only 2 inches on the ground over here.

·
Yooper In Training
7,477 Posts
You wanted to move to the westside..... :ROFLMAO:

There is only 2 inches on the ground over here.
Agreed. I miss the Keweenaw winters. I love spring, summer, and fall, but if it's going to be cold it might as well be snowy! Especially when I'm working remote and don't have to dodge idiots every day.

·
Gustafson
10,249 Posts
I grew up in the 70's. We had awesome storms and my kids have never seen anything like it.
I feel like even when I was a kid in the 80s and early 90s we had a lot more snow than we have now...

·
Yooper In Training
7,477 Posts
I feel like even when I was a kid in the 80s and early 90s we had a lot more snow than we have now...
Same, although looking back at things I thought were huge as a kid that I see now I think at least some of that was just perception. There's 3-4" of snow in my yard right now, no big deal to me but probably seemed like a foot to my kids. They had fun and sledding and stuff in it, but haven't had enough to build a giant snow cave for them like I did last year in one of our few good snowfalls.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts