Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are heading down to wheel at Windrock on Feb. 14th and would love some GPS tracks.

Thanks!

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
They have pretty good maps there, if you can follow a map or have a gps unit, you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
The only confusion from the maps is the relative size of the park. If you don't go up the gut of the map (towards RattleRock), you can easily get lost or lose your exact spot on the map. This park is so huge, even if you had someones GPS tracks, it really would not do you much good over the map itself.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only confusion from the maps is the relative size of the park. If you don't go up the gut of the map (towards RattleRock), you can easily get lost or lose your exact spot on the map. This park is so huge, even if you had someones GPS tracks, it really would not do you much good over the map itself.
We will be heading straight to RattleRock :woot:

·
grow old, not up.
1,052 Posts
Like Brimy said, the map is your best bet, just stay in the middle. if you do want to vernture out to the edges of the park, find a local.... they are crawling all over that park.

Silverxj and I were there two years ago this may, awesome place. I hear rumor that if you look hard enough you can find remains of the old Oak Ridge research site used during WWII to develop the bomb.... I would like to find that place my self next time were there..... Silverxj, you up to it?

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
Like Brimy said, the map is your best bet, just stay in the middle. if you do want to vernture out to the edges of the park, find a local.... they are crawling all over that park.

Silverxj and I were there two years ago this may, awesome place. I hear rumor that if you look hard enough you can find remains of the old Oak Ridge research site used during WWII to develop the bomb.... I would like to find that place my self next time were there..... Silverxj, you up to it?
:teehee: Is there wheeling involved? then yes...

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
take lots of pics id like to go down there as well sometime this summer.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Rattle rock is a trail like no other. I have yet to finish the entire trail. You can opt out at the 1/3 mark to a bypass trail. It can take a group of 6, almost 6 hours if anyone gets hung up or breaks to make that 1/3.

Check out Trail 39. That is Rail Trail, it is suppose to be awesome. You can also check out the Atom City wheelers for some local help. Google them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts