Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever replace a motor on a Warn winch? Is there a difference in the motor that Warn sells and the winch motors you can buy on ebay? Seems like they can't be much different, but I'm not sure.

·
787 Posts
I bought one off of Ebay about a year ago. It came from a business & had a buy it now price. I called the guy up & told him what I had and he sent me exactly what I wanted and it works great. The winch is on my service truck and I use it all the time. If you want I can see if I can find his name & number

·
787 Posts
Sure, what kind of winch do you have? Do you remember what you payed for the motor?
The winch on my service truck hoist is a Ramsey but the motor looks just like the one on my 8274's. The place I bought it from was Discount Starter and Alternator 1-800-796-9394.I paid $83.00 for a new motor.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The winch on my service truck hoist is a Ramsey but the motor looks just like the one on my 8274's. The place I bought it from was Discount Starter and Alternator 1-800-796-9394.I paid $83.00 for a new motor.
Thanks a lot!
:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts