Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a winch, the cheapest place I have found is the winchdepot.com has anyone here got a winch through them?
Looking for any feed back I called the company and it is actually united web sales I seen a few things online about some people that ordered tires through them and they took their money and never got the tires. wanted to see what others thought of them if they had purchased things from them and actually received them or if it is a fly by night company.

Thanks for any feed back

·
Registered
540 Posts
theres a place down south that advertises free shipping on all warn winchs thats were i got mine cant remember the name of the place but they advertise in about every 4x4 mag out there just pick one up and look threw the back i think it might be clemson offroad or somthing like that. that was the cheapest ive found. (heeps close by the way)

·
Your Message Here
5,856 Posts
I got my MM SE9500 from them.

No issues, best price, and shipped quickly.

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Duff man I wanted to make sure it was not a scam

Jay, I cant wait to see that heep all finished up nicks is coming along good soon we will have the wrecking crew all back in action.

Any body else have any experiance with this company?

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
no but I believe bigbadjimmy is referring to Clemson 4wd. I bought my Warn xd9000 from them.....altho' that was years ago.

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no but I believe bigbadjimmy is referring to Clemson 4wd. I bought my Warn xd9000 from them.....altho' that was years ago.

Why dont you sell me yours?
You wont use it:poke:

·
Poseur Extraordinaire
4,349 Posts
Guy from our club bought a Warn 9.5ti from them and reccomended them to me, but they didn't carry the PowerPlant.

·
It's an addiction
285 Posts
check out www.gregsmithequipment.com.
I just bought a 12,000lb atlas winch from them for $499. It includes a mounting plate, roller fairlead, both corded and wireless remote and the shipping was reasonable for the weight of the winch ($30 I think). I know a few guys with atlas winches with no complaints.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I bought my 8274 from them Great deal, free shipping and they warrenty EVERYTHING.... They shipped me a new cable when I broke mine being a dumbass.

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought my 8274 from them Great deal, free shipping and they warrenty EVERYTHING.... They shipped me a new cable when I broke mine being a dumbass.
I think I am going to get the XD9000 from them.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I got mine from them-no problems, great price

·
I'm a Newb (but not dumb)
94 Posts
I believe Thern is the manufacturer of atlas. Thern is a company based out of the USA who specializes in the manufactor of industrial cranes and winch applications.

But I could be wrong.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
I wish they showed the weight of the atlas....I would like to compare the beef to the warn XD9000I

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
check out www.gregsmithequipment.com.
I just bought a 12,000lb atlas winch from them for $499. It includes a mounting plate, roller fairlead, both corded and wireless remote and the shipping was reasonable for the weight of the winch ($30 I think). I know a few guys with atlas winches with no complaints.
Yeah, I see them advertised in the Auto-RV all the time. I wondered about the quality for such a low price. Although, I tend to believe the "You get what you pay for" saying. But not always.

I thought about ordering a hoist from them sometime soon.

I wish they showed the weight of the atlas....I would like to compare the beef to the warn XD9000I
From the site:

Motor, Drum, Gearbox - 65lbs

Mounting Plate, Control Box, Remote(s), Fairlead, Cables - 48 lbs.

·
www.buckeyejeepers.com
101 Posts
I purchased a Warn M8000 from Winch Depot in December. Quick shipping, no issues. Got free shipping and free reciever shackle

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Winch is ordered $789.99 free shipping

Thanks everyone who pitched in feed back and 2 cents

1 - 20 of 22 Posts