Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts
You obviously cant read.... I have no issue with deer hunting... :confused:
whats the difference between coyote hunting and deer hunting? I personally dont eat much venison, i give most of mine away. i would much rather have beef. I shoot deer and rabbits and coyotes for the same reason, to keep their population in check. for the first 21 years of my life i grew up in the woods and swamps of MI. i have seen first hand what happens when animals overpopulate. i have seen parts of the forest overeaten by deer so bad they were eating pine needles and chewing the bark off the tree's. I have also see what happens when coyotes overpopulate. they kill calves, pets, spread disease and starve to death. have you even seen a coyote with the mange? If i was in that bad of shape, i would welcome someone killing me. i know coyote predation is not a big deal in livionia, but am i supposed to let our cattle and horses get killed by coyotes? I am glad some people have a nice fluffy idealist mentality, but some people have to face the hard facts and do what is right.

here are some reasons for coyote hunting

2/17/97. Lauren Bridges, a 40 pound, 4-year-old girl, was attacked by a 40 pound female coyote when she left her vacation rental on Saddle Road in South Lake Tahoe, CA. The coyote knocked her to the ground and began biting her face, the only part not covered by ski clothes. Her father heard her screams and pulled the coyote off his daughter as it continued ripping at her face with its teeth. Lauren required 22 stitches for 16 wounds to the girl's face, neck and scalp, out of a total of over 30 puncture wounds. One of the puncture wounds came within a centimeter of her jugular vein. The father was not bitten, and the coyote was killed moments later by a police officer. (Tahoe World region 2/24/97, 2/19/97 and 3/5/97)

12/10-11/97. On 12/10/97, a coyote attacked a 2-year-old boy in Tucson's Wildlife Ridge Park, but did not break his skin. The next day, in the same park, a 4-year-old boy was bitten and scratched and a 22-month-old toddler was bitten around her right eye and required seven stitches for the deep puncture wounds. (SDUT 12/17/97, A3)

5/19/00. A 3-year-old boy was bitten on his side outside his Amaya Drive apartment complex at 7 pm in La Mesa, San Diego County. A responding police officer hit the coyote with a shotgun blast, but the coyote was not found in the next day. The boy was treated at Grossmont Hospital for four puncture wounds in his right side. (SDUT 5/21/00, B3)

10/02/01. Allison Newell, an 8-year-old girl and Luis Enrique Villalobos, a 7-year-old boy, were bitten by a coyote at 12:15 pm during the lunch hour at Truman Benedict Elementary School in San Clemente, California. The coyote bit the backpack of a third child. The coyote came into the lunch area and attacked Allison from behind. Fourth-grade teacher Mitch Colapinto threw water bottles and rocks at the coyote, which then ran through the playground and lunged at Luis. Both students suffered scratches and minor bite wounds, the girl on the back of her neck and the boy on his back and arm. They were treated at San Clemente Hospital and released. The treatment included beginning a series of rabies shots.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.