Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why im shopping Walmart . 2 itmes for the most part . Oil chnges arund here on the trucks = 22 gals of oil @ 2.20 per gallon cheaper then the auto parts .

Diesel fuel is 13 cents a gallon cheaper then the truck stop where i have fleet fuel cards . Times 1,000 to 1,500 gal a month .:gman:

I prefer to do business with locals but man thats a big rip off , the fuel in particular .

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
I hate Walmart....I guess it's easy for them to charge less when they never pay their contractors for work performed on site.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Grandman said:
Why im shopping Walmart . 2 itmes for the most part . Oil chnges arund here on the trucks = 22 gals of oil @ 2.20 per gallon cheaper then the auto parts .

Diesel fuel is 13 cents a gallon cheaper then the truck stop where i have fleet fuel cards . Times 1,000 to 1,500 gal a month .:gman:

I prefer to do business with locals but man thats a big rip off , the fuel in particular .
I have a friend that is an excavator. he's been soooooo tempted to use the off-road diesal in his rigs, but he says he gets surprise inspections by weighmasters, and deputies with the dip tester thingies and even as expensive as diesel got, it just wasn't worth the penalties.

that being said, are they that aggressive testing up north? I'd think that you know most of the cops anyway, from yanking wrecks out of their accident scenes...

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Grandman said:
They're not trying to rip you off, they're just trying to make enough money to stay open. Walmart and Toyota will own everything in 2048.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Bones said:
They're not trying to rip you off, they're just trying to make enough money to stay open. Walmart and Toyota will own everything in 2048.
I agree, but I think google will get a piece as well.

42,948 Posts
Roadhouse said:
I hate Walmart....I guess it's easy for them to charge less when they never pay their contractors for work performed on site.
Just did a generator backup for the walmart on m-59 for their lighting and registers... The $105,000.00 check cleared on time..

:confused:

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I ended up doing my own oil changes on the Cummins. $10.95 for the oil filter, $18-19 for 13 quarts of oil, and maybe $0.05 for grease for the ONE grease fitting on the entire truck. Comes out to $29.95. The dealer wants $80+ to do it. I save $50 and spend maybe 30 minutes to do it. Yeah, I have to take the old oil back in to TSC to recycle, but I have to go buy new oil for the next change there anyway... I wouldn't buy that stuff at Walmart either way though.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rye , this is not off road fuel . This is the correct fuel including tax . Yes i get surpirse state dips on my tanks as well .

There not ripping me off ???? Right . West Brach all ways has the highest fule in the damn state . I pressed a hot shot one time as to why that is .

Answer : Your the mid way stop from flint and det area . Prices will all ways be high there deal with it .

My answer today :stan: walmart is 1/4 mile away .

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
smasheromalley said:
Wlamart has 100rds cheap **** target 12guage for $14 and change
do we have a new fram boy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts