Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4 1996 F150 4x4 4.9
13,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a week off, excited for another year of passing on what I see the first day, and not seeing Shit after :LOL::LOL:
Let's see pics from you hunting stand.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's awesome. I'm ready for my first buck.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had an easy 40 yard shot last night, gun went click, deer ran off when I tried to rack another round.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Went out and passed two spikes in the morning and hand full of smaller does. Passed on the same two spikes plus a different one in the evening along with 9 does. My sister got the same 7 point she missed from the morning.

The neighbors wife took the tall uniform spike that had potential to be a great deer.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,386 Posts
was out for opening day and the 16th. Only saw 1 doe on opening day; nobody around us has really seem much. Lots of pics at night time and during the day everyday up until opening day lol.

A guy at our camp got a decent little 6pt; the backstraps were tasty off him

Reactions: XXXJ

·
Registered
895 Posts
Took my daughter out opening morning. She's 13, and very eager to get one. Saw about 14 doe all day long and one decent buck. I gave her the gun and she immediately wacked the side of the blind with the barrel then started to giggle. He walked straight south of us with no chance of a shot on him. She was bummed... that was about 9 am. Didn't see another buck all day, but there was one big doe that came in just before dusk, but i won't let her shoot one of those until next weekend. My bro in law shot a nice 8 point yesterday out of the same blind lol... she was mad i didn't take her out but we had other obligations. There still at least 3 other bucks running around behind our house, so we'll try to get one this weekend for her.......

·
Project Antitube
1,341 Posts
There is a goofy as fuck looking pronghorn (giant neck, spindly legs, sad antlers), a six point, an eight point, and a ten point wandering around my yard. I send pictures to my neighbors every time I see them. Someone got the odd point bucks and a gaggle of the does. Sounded like WW3 on Tuesday, enough for me to spend some time outside with my high speed extra drag 450 Bushmaster. So far have only confronted one set of trespassers I was able to catch up to. Two other sets walked faster than I could get my gear on.

The guy was being a little confrontational until he noticed my gear... and then to break the awkwardness was wondering why I had a 5 round magazine in the gun and a few 10 rounders on me. He asked me how I like it and I said "haven't dialed in the sights yet but it kicks like a limp 308".

I was just out walking the dog, there are 14 does all huddled in one spot in my yard. Really need the neighbors to clean out a few more, there isn't enough for them to eat to make it through the winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts