Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Or how else would you phrase this pub type discussion?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
I don't disagree.....just at this point Jack has more majors, he is the better overall golfer. However tiger has a much more dominating pace...but if he ends his career tomorrow jack won more tourney's.

Tiger has the potential to beat everyone AND be the most dominating golfer ever...the guy is amazing.

·
Now pedals a bicycle
1,578 Posts
head to head i don't know... technology is so different in clubs, but at the same time, courses are getting longer... tiger is much more dominant among his peers though!!!!

i would say that tiger is the best golfer in history tho... may be ungrounded, may not be, i just say it

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
head to head i don't know... technology is so different in clubs, but at the same time, courses are getting longer... tiger is much more dominant among his peers though!!!!

i would say that tiger is the best golfer in history tho... may be ungrounded, may not be, i just say it
I agree, you can not compare scores....you can only compare dominance and the number of wins. Remember both guys are playing guys who have the same technology advantages.

·
Premium Member
14,643 Posts
:sonicjay::sonicjay:

You kidding me?

And for Jack or Tiger, its a hard call because Tiger has equipment that Jack never dreamed about. But the courses are playing longer.
Did you seriously play the MJ card?
He would not even be my firt pick in his sport.

Kobe
Magic
Lebron
MJ

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

Kobe
Magic
Lebron
MJ
Plus MJ would not be as dominant without his teammates, still great, but not as great. Tiger has to do it all on his own.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts

Kobe
Magic
Lebron
MJ
seriously not only was mj a great ball player he revolutionized the player business end with regards to endorsements, huge shoe lines etc. not that he was the first however what he did for that aspect of it was huge.

·
Captain Jack Sparrow
2,316 Posts
it would be hard to say but i think tiger will beat a lot of records as he already has

·
Premium Member
14,643 Posts
seriously not only was mj a great ball player he revolutionized the player business end with regards to endorsements, huge shoe lines etc. not that he was the first however what he did for that aspect of it was huge.
point?

·
Now pedals a bicycle
1,578 Posts
yea, i bet if there were some 'skills competition' every week. even with jordan in his prime, versus 150 other basketball players, he would lose more often than tiger does. Not only does tiger win such a high percentage of his entries, but if he doesn't win, it's not like he is falling waaaaay back, such as Lefty did this week.

That being said, it kinda sucks if you are a consistant golf watcher. Tiger, with the lead wins always (so far in majors) on sunday. But it's more other people falling apart than it is him pulling away usually. ( i know, this is smart golf, hitting middle of greens etc... but dammit, i wanna see blowouts)

(now, take that with a grain of salt, have always been a lefty fan, and i do like him.. no knocks)

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I wouldn't even compare golfers with other athletes in more physical sports.

If you put a club in the hands of your 2 year old, he can be the next Tiger with enough practice and time, can he be the next MJ, Lance, or Bonds? Not so much...

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Kobe
Magic
Lebron
MJ
We were talking about this tonight. Kobe isn't good enough to carry his team alone all the time, and he doesn't even care to bring up his team as a whole. Amazing athletes not only play well they make the rest of the team play well.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
I wouldn't even compare golfers with other athletes in more physical sports.

If you put a club in the hands of your 2 year old, he can be the next Tiger with enough practice and time, can he be the next MJ, Lance, or Bonds? Not so much...
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay: Hahaha yeah okay. :miff: Well lemme know how your little tiger comes out. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay: Hahaha yeah okay. :miff: Well lemme know how your little tiger comes out. :thumb:
I don't like kids enough to care about their future :stan:

If golfing is just as athletic as other sports maybe we should have a senior NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2857006
Various activities were graded on 10 components of athleticism: endurance, strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility, nerve, durability, hand-eye coordination and analytic aptitude. Boxing ranked first, followed by hockey, football and basketball. Golf ranked -- take a deep breath -- 51st out of the 60 sports, just behind table tennis and horse racing. It did, however, place just ahead of cheerleading and roller-skating, with fishing finishing last. Those poor fish have no one to defend them. We do.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts