Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
My old trusty standby is a Garmin 276C, which is no longer available. I think many people like the Garmin Montana.

I have started using a 7" tablet with gps software. I'm still struggling with some of the features but I think it's the way to go.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
lowrance baja.

your informative description warrants a vague and non helpful suggestion :finger:

·
yota
246 Posts
I use a Montana 600 on my enduro, with Garmin basecamp to make routes and tracks

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

·
Trouble
71 Posts
This - $130 8" tablet from Sam's Club and $10 for the full feature Back Country Navigator
Great suggestion. I had a bunch of different apps I have tried on my iPhone for Navigation but just downloaded the Back Country Navigator for $7.99 and pretty impressed. I like it! Can't wait to give it a shot.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts
Rugged Radios currently lists a Lowrance 5" GPS for $400. They are good if people can provide you a map in their format or if you are just trying to breadcrumb an area for yourself (and maybe share with other lowrance users).

I believe there are programs to convert Garmin tracks to Lowrance tracks and vice versa. Not sure how deep you want to get.

I've seen some chatter about LeadNav on ipads being used by some racers, but have no personal experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts