Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My welder is pretty close to up and running and I'm looking at getting some shielding gas.

Ideally I'd like to just buy a cylinder (UNMARKED!) to avoid the annual rental fee, thinking either 80 or 125 CF. I see that Lake Welding is actually Praxair now, everything I've read about them tells me they're vastly overpriced compared to local weld shops.

There's a place called Muskegon Welding Supply off of Evanston, but I haven't talked to them, I'll be calling tomorrow.

I'm willing to travel ~1 hr. or so as well, not necessarily stuck to just Muskegon. As long as there's a local place that will fill customer-owned cylinders that is.

Who are you guys using? I'll be running 75/25 if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lake Welding Supplies in Muskegon. I think the closest Purity would be the GR location on 28th street.
that is now praxair. there is a place on old grand haven road just south of pontaluna on the west side of the road can not think of the name right now that has welding supplies

·
FUCK CANCER!!!
808 Posts
Purity actually has a location behind Bob evans and the old Plumbs on Apple ave. It's next to Airway oxygen.

They have been very easy to deal with the couple times I have been there.

Krause welding on Evanston is also selling welding supplies I believe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts