Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chillin with the top off.
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the day about 4-5 years ago i bought some mtx truck speakers for my chevy and they were in boxes and fit behind the seat. I cant find em anywhere. Does anyone know if they still make em? All i can find is subwoofer boxes and i dont need those. I just want the simple old truck box speakers that have like 25' of speaker wire so you could take em out and put the sound where you need it. Any help? Thank you..

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i have a set of mtx 10's in boxes boxes dont have carpet on them but they are in like new condition... boxes are the same as the ones that stilwater(kicker brand box) same size .they have the quick connect plugs so you can take them out and hook up where ever you want

pmme for more info if you are intrested...
i had them behind the seat in my full size chevy and could put the seat all the way back......

·
Chillin with the top off.
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
Have you thought about making your own? It's relatively easy if you know the volume of air that's required behind the speaker. Just use 1/2" particle board, lots of screws, and silicone to seal it. Pop some carpet over the top if you want to get all fancy.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Have you thought about making your own? It's relatively easy if you know the volume of air that's required behind the speaker. Just use 1/2" particle board, lots of screws, and silicone to seal it. Pop some carpet over the top if you want to get all fancy.
I prefer 3/4 mdf.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
I have a few in the basement, but the speakers are shot. I have the individual boxes for a standard cab that hold 8" subs, and a complete box with handle that I used to have in an extended cab. It also holds 8" subs.

I have one with Pioneer 10's and an amp (speakers are fine in this one) I might consider selling though. Sadly I know it isn't worth anywhere near what I paid for it :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts