Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Dodge Guy
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a deal worked out with a member on a rig, we had agreed on a day for me to come look at the rig and pick it up and then they sell it with out a call or pm or anything. now i know times are hard and money talks but once 2 people agree on a deal and the other party sell's it out from under u with out any contact, how should one feel? i know i should leave a negitive itrader feedback for him what good will it really do? rant over.:junk:

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,142 Posts
No Money was exchanged, you should not leave a negative itrader feedback.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Depends on the situation??? How did you find out it was gone? Did you drive there time spent,gas etc..... Did he/she tell you he/she was hard up for the sale? More info please. At lest you are thinking about the feed back before you leave it in hast.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
As long as you had the agreement to buy it after you had gone to see it and you had to just return to pay for said vehcile on a given date. Without at least a call to tell you that they sold it and you went to get it on a given day. But then you could have given a deposit. But a person word should have held it untill you returned. I would just post a name so others are aware that this person's word means very little.

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
i wouldn't leave feedback cuase you will only get negative feedbackin return....then you'll have no vehicle and negative feedback on your own profile and will just get butthurt in the end.

·
Registered
108 Posts
and thats why i state in sale ad first come first serve,
then theres no bullcrap, ive lost sales before holding with no money down, first to my door with dead prez's gets the deal

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
and thats why i state in sale ad first come first serve,
then theres no bullcrap, ive lost sales before holding with no money down, first to my door with dead prez's gets the deal
exactly...and if you had set a time or day with this person to go look at the vehicle, they had no guarantee that you were going to buy it..you should have called them before going there, if you did waste time/gas going to find out it was already sold...

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
If he had held it than when you showed up and decide that it is not what you wanted than do you get negitive feed back? I have had that happen. I want it I want it than they either never show or decide no I guess thats not what I wanted. I had a guy say he was coming to buy brought the trailer and cash spent 2 hours of my time looking it all over to tell me well I have to have my daddy come and look it over first. It is hard to hold something more than a few hours without money down.

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
exactly...and if you had set a time or day with this person to go look at the vehicle, they had no guarantee that you were going to buy it..you should have called them before going there, if you did waste time/gas going to find out it was already sold...
If he had it set, THEY should have called HIM to say they had another offer, and still give him the first shot at it. If you have an agreement with someone, verbal or not, give them the benefit of the doubt that they will buy it. Tell the next guy you have a sale pending, give the first guy the shot, then go back to the second guy.
If it was sold out from under you and you had an agreement with them. that is bullshit.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,292 Posts
i had a deal worked out with a member on a rig, we had agreed on a day for me to come look at the rig and pick it up and then they sell it with out a call or pm or anything.
What was your commitment to buying the vehicle? Did you send a deposit?

If not, you had an appointment- not a deal. It's a bummer but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Considering how cash-strapped everybody claims to be these days, can you honestly be pissed at the guy for striking the opportunity to close a sale? Maybe his situation was dire enough to justify breaking your "deal" with a clear conscious.

I agree with you that he should have had the courtesy to tell you it sold. BTW, how did you learn it was sold- updated post? If you found out when you arrived at their house, it would have been a decent gesture to reimburse your fuel expense for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I usually try to give the first person the first oppurtunity to buy. But if they miss the set time with no call/ no show. It goes to the next in line. As a buyer I always try to keep contact with the seller before the sale just to ensure them i am going to show, and am intersted. But if you did that, he should have told you it was sold. I just had a deal off of craigslist to buy a cube van from a guy, when i called him I told him I would leave work right then and go get the money and come down, he said no just wait until after work that he would hold it for me, I called him a couple times throughout the day to make sure everything was still a go and it was. Got off of work drove an hour to get it, called on my way and the guy did not answer, showed up and the vehicle was not there, tried calling the guy again no answer, talked to a guy at the shop where the vehicle was and he said the guy sold it an hour or so before I got there. I was pissed because we had a set time and agreement(I was going to give him his asking price) I kept contact so if there was a problem I would not waste my time. He was and asshat for nat answering the phone when I called and saying sorry I already sold it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.