Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NMU Trailcat Alumni
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went out with and rode with a bunch of buddys, started out with 9 rigs saturday, 11am. we left the woods at 1 am on foot. 3 rigs, turned back 1/3 of the way through b/c they weren't locked front or rear and couldn't make it, the others... 1 got a flat, manual renix jeep cherokee locked front and rear w/ full widths and 36's and was blocked in. another 1 was blocked in, manual 4x4 s-10 on full widths and 35's, locked in the rear. 2 were stuck, a locked in the rear 85 k-5 with 35's and a radius armed front and rear 350 yj, locked in the rear on full widths. 1 had a bad clutch, manual, tbi 350 yj w/ full widths and 35's locked front and rear, clutch wouldn't grab any more. and 1 snapped the rear pinion and then broke both front cv shafts, a 4 runner locked front and rear w/38's. we all walked out of the woods and a buddy picked a bunch of us up and 2 of us returned with cars to pick up the rest. Sunday, ALL day into the night we had out recovery mission which consisted of chainsaws to cut up down trees, spare tires, and a trip to weld some steering linkage that broke, tried battery welding with a screw driver but it wouldn't hold. We all got out though, in the woods up here there was about 8 inches of snow.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
this story is more complicated than a bigcuntry math equasion.

·
5,820 Posts
so you guys went out wheeling without winches in vehicles that were in poor mechanical shape with undersized and undermaintained drivetrain and you're suprized you guys had to walk out after not turning around when it got difficult?

The record is 3 days and 2 nights, FYI.

·
NMU Trailcat Alumni
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marquette, my roommate took my camera to the wheeling competition that was downstate (BTW, he said a guy put his rig into a front end loader) so only my buddys got pics , and mostly before things went down the sh!tter, so i have to wait til they put them up.

·
NMU Trailcat Alumni
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you guys went out wheeling without winches in vehicles that were in poor mechanical shape with undersized and undermaintained drivetrain and you're suprized you guys had to walk out after not turning around when it got difficult?

well it was my first, and 2 rigs had winches, one was the 4 runner, the tbi yj had the other winch, he smoked his clutch from him and the k-5 pulling the 4 runner. and as far as undersized and unmaintained, that 4 runner was the only thing that broke bad, all these rigs are fresh rigs that have been on some hard runs and held their own, u ever wheel in marquette? because i've only heard from many it's more hardcore than anything anyone has wheeled, in which a bunch of these guys have wheeled at drummond and in Tennessee, just to name a few places trips and being a college club we have people that before they came here wheeled where they were from, minnisota, illinois, all around MI, Wisconsin... and these aren't just kids either one member is like 38 and has plenty of wheeling under his belt

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Needs bullet points...

On a side note I was apparently imitating you the other night in your neighborhood. Had 3 or 4 girls yelling "Gary!!!" after I passed them twice. Popular guy.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts

What record?

has this "record" been verified by the people at Guiness?

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Dear god man put some freakin periods in your sentences.

Did you get permission to cut said trees?:fish:

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
where were the people at that set this record too?
record was set in canada. short version. yuppies go down trails they shouldnt be. yuppees unprepared. yuppies stuck and stranded. yuppies start eating eachother to stay alive. yuppies get locals with those beater unmaintained woods rigs to come save them.

RECORD SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO YOU COOLGARY SUCK

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
I know a couple guys around the Marquette area. They aren't hardcores or students though. They live there year-round. We will be up in that area in August sometime but only passing through more than likely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts