Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up guys and gals. Im new here. I got a `92 subaru loyal that i go 4x4ing in.

it's been converted from a stock fwd auto car to a 5speed dual range 4x4. Posi rear with 3.90 gears. As far as subaru's go, its had a lot of trick work done to it. I plan on lifting it 6 inches soon, with a kit from Allied Armament and some taller nissan springs, then some 29x9.50 TSLs... just gotta save up the funds. She isn't much to look at right now, but maybe tomorow I'll post pics.

cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i think they look sweet. they're really popular in austrailia, but not a ton of people in the us do much with them.

In addition to the lift, i have some 05 dodge ram bumpers that i began to modify to give me somthing meaty to put a winch on and what not.

Im also considering dropping a turbo motor into it. the stock flat 4 makes 88hp, compared to the 115 of the turbo motor, wich doesnt sound like much, but belive me in 4 low, this thing can almost climb trees.

this is the look im going for, the only difference is that my car is a sedan

·
I was born in the desert
1,719 Posts
Looks like a 86 I had years ago. I wheeled that thing all over the state and had a blast. It was still running fine when I sold it for 200.00. Its great to have a vehicle you can beat to shit and not care about the damage. A lot of great memories in that car. Here's mine, it was stock.

·
Ranger Addiction?
2,064 Posts
That first car looks like an early "Hatch Patrol" we had running around here at Ferris (had "Hatch Patrol" across the windshield in huge letters). Had all the lights, correct body style, just lifted several inches (I don't know how much) and what looked to be 30's on it, they cleared whatever they were. Pretty sweet ride really.

The low range on those Subaru's is something else for the power they make. My friend has actualy pulled out stumps with hers before :poke:

·
Because I Said So...
1,084 Posts
I was up at SL last week and some kids were just beating the hell out of an old sub, I was really surprised how easily they rolled anywhere they wanted to go...

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
That's awsome, I used to have a mid 80s hatchback that me and my friends went fire-roading in back in washington. Subies are the shit. Welcome to the site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts