Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
Not to be a jackass...but that truck is toast. It looks like it nearly rotted out on the body (not like, rust bucket, but you can tell in the pics it's missing a good chunk of metal under those flares or at least looks like it)

That frame rot isn't just a little hole, that line seems to tell me that entire section of frame is rotted going back at least to the edge of the picture. Me personally, I would not buy that truck even if it was $1,000. If it were my truck, i'd cut out what you could, patch and weld it, patch what you can't and just keep it.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
I see them and buy them all the time for 600-800 in roughly that condition.
Yeah, I was going to say $1,000....

The things that are wrong with it are MAJOR issues....

Yep, nothing saying it's worthless, just saying that it's not a simple needs bumper welded on.

Just saying don't be the guy that throws a ridiculous price because if sentimental value, value is there or it isn't m.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
Thanks guys for confirming my suspicions. I think when I drive it, I don't feel like it's that bad at all, and start to wonder what it's really worth and I couldn't find anything to compare it too, so I especially appreciate the numbers. I figured the drivetrain is worth $1000-$1200, but worth more without the truck, so I get I have to take a hit on selling junk with the drivetrain.

It has always been maintained and had Mobil 1 run through it. FWIW, I gave the frame quite a few good whacks with the claw end of a hammer, and it's still fairly solid. Is it good enough to weld to? That I don't know, but that part is where it's boxed and a bunch of crap sat in the frame and held water and junk for years, so yes the bottom of that section is toast. I'm divorced and living in an apartment, so even though I have all my tools, they're at my ex's still. There's too much that's too far gone, I definitely agree with that. The bed is definitely toast, and so is the rear bumper. The cab isn't too bad, and it just developed holes in the front fenders in the last year or two. Just not enough good left to be saved, but it has fairly nice wheels and things. I have an offer for $1250 as-is; A friend/co-workers son, and my friend has driven it and mentioned how amazing it shifts and everything. I let him decide when he sees it for himself though.

Thanks again
Take the cash

Reactions: Jrgunn5150

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
Would be worth taking out the engine and trans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts